Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology - US
LOCATIONS and START DATES: Bellevue, WA: Fall | Seattle, WA: Winter
Our M.A. in Counseling Psychology program is for students who want to work as licensed mental health counselors in Washington state.
Choose the Couples and Family Therapy (CFT) specialization if you want to be a licensed marriage and family therapist. The CFT track can be added on to your M.A. in Counseling Psychology program or taken as a stand-alone series of classes if you already have a M.A.C.P degree.
What will I learn in the master's in Counseling Psychology program?
Your master's coursework will provide you with a broad-based clinical foundation for therapeutic work with clients. The internship experience will expose you to practical hands-on clinical client work and to the community mental health system. You'll come out of our program prepared to:
- Conduct clinical assessments and diagnosis
- Apply theory to clinical cases
- Write formal treatment plans
- Meet with other professionals in case consultations
What can I do with my master's degree in Counseling Psychology?
Upon successful completion of the M.A. in Counseling Psychology program, you will be qualified to apply for a Washington state associate license and work toward your Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) Certification. You'll be qualified to work in a variety of mental health settings, including non-profit counseling agencies, private counseling practices, managed care organizations and hospitals.
*Please contact an admissions advisor for all certification requirements.
- Because you want an education that's relevant to what's happening in the real world, right now.
- Our faculty teach what they do for a living, not just what's in the book. They're smart, successful people who can help you get there, too.
- You'll go through the program with the same group of students. We call it cohort learning. It's like a built-in support group.
- You can get an education without sacrificing your lifestyle. Attend class on Saturdays or in the evenings.