Integral Counseling Psychology Master's Program
This program is experiential, culturally sensitive, and centered on the inner work necessary for becoming a healer.
Drawing upon the major spiritual traditions of the East and West, recent cultural and social sciences research, and the innovations made by contemporary psychoanalytic, humanistic, systemic and transpersonal psychologies, we view psychological healing and growth within the larger context of spiritual unfolding.
Integral education is not "neck up." It will meet and stretch you on every level: body, heart, mind, spirit. We create a learning community that is both profoundly challenging and deeply supportive.
WHY CIIS? Founded in 1973 on the recommendation of Dr. Haridas Chaudhuri, ICP was the first transpersonally-oriented, East-West psychology graduate program in the world.
Because our education is so thorough, our students usually achieve the highest pass rates of all graduate degree programs of any significant size in California on the Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT) exams.
- Duration: 2.5 years
- Study mode: Full-time
- Starting: September or January
- Duration: 3 years
- Study mode: Full-time, 5 weekends per semester (Fri-Sun)
- Starting: September
- Earn a Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology
- Fulfill all academic requirements for Marriage and Family (MFT) licensure in the state of California.*
- Hone your clinical skills and professional expertise through practicums in CIIS' counseling centers or at a variety of external sites.
- Engage in transformative, integral, and transpersonal learning
Apply to the Integral Counseling Psychology (MA) Program
The program seeks individuals who:
- have some background or interest in spirituality (e.g., integral/East-West Philosophy)
- are pursuing a path of personal growth (e.g., yoga, meditation, psychotherapy)
- have demonstrated a capacity to learn and work both independently and collaboratively
- show a demonstrated commitment to the field (e.g., volunteer or paid experience in a psychologically-oriented community service agency)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 20, 2015