The Northumbria University MA Applied Project Management is delivered by both Northumbria and QA staff. The programme has been developed by Northumbria’s highly qualified academics and industry experts around leading-edge content and is grounded in best practice.
The 2 year part-time programme provides students with a firm grounding in strategic project management, with a strong emphasis on practical application.
Why choose Northumbria's MA Applied Project Management?
- Access to the latest thinking throughout the programme from experienced, industry leading experts in project management from both Northumbria University and QA.
- Study with like-minded professionals, helping to build your professional network and connect to a talented peer group, which will help you refresh your own thinking.
- You will gain an internationally recognised postgraduate degree from Northumbria University which builds on your existing professional development and experience.
- As a Northumbria University graduate you will become a member of their Alumni network which has over 100,000 members worldwide.
- You will also gain membership to QA's alumni network and will receive up to 40% off any of QA's public courses.
The programme provides delegates with the opportunity to explore various aspects of project management that impact themselves, their teams, their organisation and their industry.
Each module is underpinned by a number of core texts and articles but delegates are encouraged to draw on their own experience and interests to broaden the discussion to determine the practical application of the Project Management theory and principles – a key component of each of the assignments.
Module 1 - Leader Identity and Leadership
The module considers the individual leader, involving the student in a detailed self-analysis and personal development planning process.
Module 2 - Project Management Skills Development
This module aims to provide an overview of the nature, scope and use of project management in implementing change.
Module 3 - Leading and Building Employee Engagement
This module will equip students with the skills to be able to generate high levels of employee engagement, so they are able to contribute to the way an organisational culture is either established or altered.
Module 4 - Strategic Alignment
This module is intended to develop students’ awareness and critical evaluation of strategic management, by assessing the impact of the business environment on organisations, and exploring the management issues involved in implementation.
Module 5 - Contemporary Issues in Strategic Project Management
This module aims to provide students with the necessary academic and research-based insights to enable the evaluation of contemporary project management developments and challenges.
Dissertation - Management Investigation Project
The dissertation module enables students to use and extend the knowledge and skills that they have acquired during their programme of study.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated July 15, 2015