The Master of Arts Missions is a specialized degree program designed to train competent professionals to carry the healing Gospel "where God's light is seen dim, where His voice is heard small, where His healing power is not known, even to the uttermost bounds of the earth." The program presents a well-rounded philosophy of missions with emphases on biblical principles, the ministry of healing, worldwide evangelism, church planting and methods of cross-cultural communication. It prepares students for effective cross-cultural ministry in foreign and home missions organizations, as well as other related ministries.
The Master of Arts Missions degree program aims to:
- Acquaint students with the history and development of the worldwide Christian missionary experience.
- Foster an awareness of the basics of missionary life and practice.
- Analyze historic and current trends in the globalization of cross-cultural evangelism and church planting.
- Equip students for ministry in cross-cultural contexts in order to provide leadership for motivating, mobilizing and training Great Commission Christians.
- Acquaint students with innovative language learning methods and techniques.
- Provide guided internship opportunities for the integration and application of missiological theory and practice in intercultural evangelism and church planting.
- Promote a biblical/theological understanding of the person, work and ministry of the Holy Spirit.
- Enable students to articulate clearly their ministry/professional calling.
- Enable students to integrate biblical/theological, cultural, and missiological perspectives for the formation of a framework for global ministries.
This school offers programs in: