This programme aims to prepare professional and creative specialists for solving definite problems in landscape architecture or in the sectors related to landscape and the environment. The programme includes compulsory study courses in Landscape Architecture Theory, Landscape Sciences, Landscape Inventory, Historical Landscape Quality, Sustainable Community Development, Landscape Ecology and Analysis. You will obtain knowledge for creative and critical thinking in developing landscape policy, rational use of resources, design process and materials, renovation and restoration of landscape. The research is performed in the following directions: landscape design, landscape architecture, landscape planning. This programme is completed with the elaboration and defence of a Master’s thesis.
Bachelor's degree is required in Architecture or Landscape Architecture or the second-level professional higher education in similar disciplines such as geography, forestry, agriculture, environment management, ecology, territorial planning and design. Students need to have the basic knowledge in drawing, composition, history of architecture and landscape architecture, theory of landscape architecture, landscape analysis and landscape design. English requirements: IELTS score 6.0, TOEFL score 547, TOEFL-iBT score 76.
Career prospects and further studies
The graduates work in all kinds of architecture, design, research companies. Master's degree entitles graduates to continue studies in a respective Doctoral study programme at universities in Latvia or abroad.
Why study Landscape Architecture at the Latvia University of Agriculture?
- Professional and knowledgeable academic staff.
- The research work in architecture science deals with the solution of topical problems in urban environment, cultural historical rural environment, the process of changes in nature foundation and new landscape elements and factors.
- You will have the opportunity to study in an international and multidisciplinary environment since there is cooperation with the Estonian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Danish and Swedish universities. Within the framework of Erasmus network LE: NOTRE Thematic Network Project, students have an opportunity to participate in international study courses online and get acquainted with the international experience.
- Summer Schools, team work in research projects, solving current ecological, social and aesthetical problems, opportunities to publish research works in the Scientific Journal "Landscape Architecture and Art".
- Modern environment for creative work in the reconstructed historic hunting palace Valdeka.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 1, 2016