XJTLU’s Department of Architecture has attained candidate course status from the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) for its Part I undergraduate programme and is seeking international validation at RIBA Part II level. Masters students will receive ‘Graduate member of the RIBA’ status upon graduation, as well as professional accreditation from the Ministry of Construction in China.
EDUCATIONAL CORNERSTONES OF ARCHITECTURE AT XJTLU INCLUDE:
- Human-centred development of the built environment.
- A culture of intellectual exploration and innovative speculation.
- Cross-cultural education that fosters creative, critical, sophisticated and responsible thought.
- Creating a desirable places to live, work and enjoy.
This MArch (Des) provides new opportunities to re-invent an activity that is in dire need of critical self-reflection and adaptation to new circumstances. As always the danger is that architects get stuck in the era and mindset in which theyor overcome the baggage of the past. In this situation, our MArch (Des) - taught in English, in China - is a unique opportunity.
The MArch(Des) focuses on architectural studio design as well as on humanistic and technical modules in preparation of either professional practice or PhD-level studies. When you graduate from this programme, you will receive a Masters degree from the University of Liverpool.
Units are formed around the research of the department and to meet specific needs of the profession within China and across the world. Studio units are formed around the following indicative) themes:
- urban development and regeneration;
- innovation in fabrication and construction;
- computer-aided architectural design;
- architectural theory and criticism;
- social and cultural studies.
- DESIGN STUDIO 1
- APPLIED TECHNOLOGY IN ARCHITECTURE
- ARCHITECTURAL THEORY AND CRITICISM
- ADVANCED PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE
- DESIGN STUDIO 2
- TOPICS IN ARCHITECTURAL HISTORY
- SUMMER PRACTICE PLACEMENT (3 MONTHS)
- DESIGN STUDIO 3
- ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN AND RESEARCH METHODS
- PRACTICE BASED ENQUIRY AND ARCHITECTURAL REPRESENTATION
- DESIGN STUDIO 4
To apply or for more information regarding entry requirements, fees and scholarships please click here.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 22, 2015