Master of Applied Finance
Macquarie University’s Master of Applied Finance offers genuinely applied finance, taught in Sydney and Melbourne CBDs by highly experienced practitioners. It is portable across teaching locations, assists students preparing for CFA examinations and explores funds management, corporate finance, risk management, and instruments and valuation.
- Gives you strong industry connections through educational partnerships with CFA and PRIMA and an outstanding alumni network
- Ensures you are taught by highly experienced practitioners
- Focuses on real-world finance
- Offers a wide range of elective units
- Provides a flexible and portable program in a convenient city location
This program is offered in Sydney, Melbourne, Singapore and Beijing. The full time program is offered in Sydney only. The part time program in Sydney and Melbourne is only available to students who hold a working visa.
This degree is suitable for graduates who are working in the financial services industry and want to deepen their knowledge of applied finance.
It is also suitable for students who come from a non-finance background and who would like to transition across to the financial services sector.
- Australian Bachelor degree or recognised equivalent
- Two years relevant work experience in finance or related field
- Minimum English Language Proficiency: IELTS or IELTS equivalent of 6.5 overall, with minimum 6.0 in each band
All applicants for undergraduate or postgraduate coursework studies at Macquarie University are required to provide evidence of proficiency in English.
You may satisfy the English language requirements if you have completed:
- senior secondary studies equivalent to the NSW HSC
- one year of Australian or comparable tertiary study in a country of qualification