The Master of Advanced Studies in Humanitarian Operations and Supply Chain Management (MASHOM) is a project based part-time executive program created exclusively for humanitarian professionals and their organizations. MASHOM provides mission critical training to meet the increasing challenges in humanitarian development and response. The program is composed of 12 tailor-made courses and all classes are taught in English. MASHOM is now accepting applications for the 3rd edition beginning April 2016.
MASHOM participants earn a Master of Advanced Studies (MAS) Degree from the Università della Svizzera italiana (USI). According to the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System the MAS degree is based on 60 ECTS (credit units). Students also earn a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification.
Instead of traditional exams, participants design and implement projects based on real-life challenges faced by their organization. Previous MASHOM projects have resulted in tangible and positive impact such as:
- Higher donor return in response to improved design for the provision of NFIs.
- Savings in refugee transportation costs through optimization of procurement.
- Increased operational responsiveness through removal of non-value added process steps.
The MASHOM program is composed of 12 courses. Students attend 7 one-week sessions over 18 months.
Location MASHOM is a "flying masters" that works closely with humanitarian organizations to design course content and select locations that best meet the needs of the participants. MASHOM 01 and 02 have been based in Amman, Jordan, with the graduation taking place in Lugano, Switzerland. The location for MASHOM 03, beginning in April 2016, will be decided in consultation with our partner organizations.
MASHOM is designed for humanitarian organizations. Teams work together in each class on applied projects. Therefore, we encourage participants to join as a group. Each applicant must have:
- at least three years of relevant work experience;
- a Bachelor degree or an equivalent professional diploma awarded by a recognized institution in the area of logistics, humanitarian aid, public service, or non-profit management.
The Tuition cost is CHF 20,000 for international staff and CHF 15,000 for national staff.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated June 8, 2015