Tourism is one of the economic activities with highest growth at world level. This Master combines Tourism Economics, an emerging scientific field within Economics, with Regional Development. This is a master's degree taught in English which has international recruitment. Since its first edition in 2012/13, the master was attended by students from the five continents. This degree is integrated in a Double Degree Program with the Master in Economics of Tourism: Monitoring and Evaluation, offered by the University of the Balearic Islands (Spain).
The Master aims to train qualified staff able to intervene in the planning and coordination of policies within the tourism sector and regional development. The obtained training opens up a wide range of career opportunities in the tourism sector: one of the most dynamic sectors of economic activity in Portugal and worldwide.
This school offers programs in:
Cost & Fees
|Application Fee||Enrrolment Fee||Tuition fee for EU nationals||Tuition fee for International Students*|
( 1st year - 2250€;
2nd year - 500€)
(1st year - 2250€;
2nd year -875€)
- Students holding a Bachelors degree or equivalent legal qualification;
- Students holding an European Union university degree in accordance with the requirements of the Bolonha Treaty, in the terms of subparagraph b);
- Students holding a foreign university degree that is considered suitable by the Scientific Board, in the terms of subparagraph b);
- Students with an academic, scientific and professional curriculum that is considered suitable by the Scientific Board;
- The frequency of the cycle of studies requires proof of independent domain of English, spoken and written.
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Photocopy of passport or identity card;
- Taxpayer number (for Portuguese applicants only);
- Color photograph;
- Proof of payment of the application fee;
- University Degree Certificate and Academic Results Transcripts (If you are non-Portuguese, these documents must be certified in your country by a notary under the Hague Apostille Convention or by the Portuguese Consulate. Documents in English, Portuguese, Spanish or French do not require translation. Documents in any other language must be translated into English or Portuguese) -Application form (available online)
Last updated September 1, 2016