Master in Telematic Engineering
The Master of Science program in Telematics Engineering offers advanced education in the telematic engineering field. This includes theoretical and practical grounds in applications, networks and communication services, protocol architectures, multimedia management, broadband networks, mobile communications, ubiquitous computing, Internet technologies, etc. It also provides the student with knowledge on state of the art technologies, prone to be deployed in the next future hereafter.
The program offers lectures specifically devoted to learning research methods, suited to carry out a Ph.D. Thesis after the obtention of the present M.Sc. More detailed information on the Ph.D. program
The seminars offered in the program are selected attending to the relevance and interest of the research topic. We invite highly reputed and experienced lecturers for the seminars.
The studies conclude with the elaboration and public defense of the final M.Sc. Dissertation.
The objective of the Master program is to instruct researchers capable of making original contributions to the development of telematics technologies, such as protocol architectures, multimedia management, mobile and broadband networks, communication applications and services, or networked devices and security, to cite some.
This Program provides the students with the abilities, aptitudes, and advanced knowledge in Telematic Engineering required for incorporating into the research and development industry, or entering a Ph.D. Program, such as the Doctorate Program in Telematic Engineering, officially approved as excellent by the Spanish Ministry of Education.
To achieve this general objective, the following educational objectives are proposed:
- The students will have sound and deep knowledge in Telematics Engineering technologies, including notions of the state of the art in some of them. Students will be able of critical analysis of new trends and new solutions proposals.
- The students will develop analytical and critical abilities to be able to understand and adapt to the evolution of technologies, and to design new products or systems.
- The students will acquire autonomy and tools required to develop their own ideas and designs into publications or inventions of utility and scientific level.
- The students will acquire the abilities and knowledge required for achieving a Ph.D. Thesis in the field of Telematic Engineering.
- Students applying for admission should have working concepts on computer networks, and some experience on programming or simulation is also advisable.
This school offers programs in: