Master in Teaching English as a Foreign Language
The program includes following courses:
Sociology of Education
This course examines common problems and issues facing education systems around the work as the result of global economic, social, political and cultural forces, from a sociological point of view. Issues related to policy, governance, financing, provision, processes, and outcomes of educational systems for differently situated social groups, will be described and analyzed in international, regional, national and local contexts.
Integrating Technology into Education
This course explores technology integration strategies in education, and prepares future teachers to use technology as a powerful tool to enhance learning. The course also presents an overview of some learning theories and their implication on learning, and examines different technologies that can be used in the educational field, including visual media, audio media, computer tools, internet resources, multimedia applications, and instructional software.
Adv. Methods of Teaching
The course connects two areas in education One is the research on how teaching influences learning, which includes a wide range of studies on topics such as teacher and student thinking, constructivist views of learning, teaching for understanding, and the importance of social interaction in learning. Teaching methodology, the second area addressed in this course, is translated into teaching strategies that are theoretically sound, yet practical and usable.
If you are thinking of pursuing your graduate degree at LIU and you are a new student, the below are the papers needed.
- Certified copy of the BACC II or its equivalent.
- Official university transcript.
- Copy of undergraduate diploma or a letter of completion.
- Two copies of identification card. (1st page of passport for non-Lebanese)
- Two copies of the recent family civil status record.
- Four recent Passport sized colored photographs.
- TOEFL score, if available.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- All applicants must submit their social security papers (DAMAN), if available, or must fill the appropriate papers at the social security office (Non-Lebanese students are exempted from the Social Security)