The Master in Sport Management aims to provide students with an in-depth knowledge of sport management and the necessary skills for a professional career in the world related to sport. Those who complete the program will emerge fully prepared to access a wide variety of business opportunities that await in the international sport industry, whether managing a company or organization, directing a club or sport facility, or even starting their own company.
This Master is for you if:
- You’re an (former) athlete who is looking for academic training in management to give your professional career a boost.
- You’re working in a business environment and want to specialize in the sports industry.
- You wish to complete your education with a specialized postgraduate degree in administration and sports management.
- To understand and apply a strategic, global and objective vision to the sports industry from a business perspective.
- To create new market opportunities by applying an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture inclined towards innovation in sports organizations.
- To use the most innovative practices in sports marketing and be more effective in brand strategy and sponsorship execution.
- To detect the key factors to lead professional teams and obtain the best results.
- To interpret the financial statements of a sports organization and create financial strategies for new products and businesses.
- To optimize the management of a sports facility and sporting event.
- Learning 3.0: flexible schedules, different learning and technological environments.
- World-class faculty: interaction with expert professors and professionals from the industry.
- Collaborative tools, group work, communication and debate.
- Sports industry oriented: approaches training from the business sector to the sports industry.
- Learning based on experience: designed to improve professionalism.
- Sports Competition (professional sports teams and event organizers).
- Governance (sports federations and associations).
- Facilities and Sports Events (championship organizers, sports clubs).
- Community Sports (foundations, municipalities).
- Sports Consulting (private business initiatives).
- Sports journalism (media).
- Marketing and sponsorship (private and public companies).
- Bachelor's degree, diploma or equivalent.
- 3 years of professional career experience in the (sport) industry. Experience as an elite athlete is not required for this program.
- The admission process includes a personal interview with a member of the Admissions Committee.
Most of the classes are delivered at the Johan Cruyff Institute Amsterdam, located next to the Olympic Stadium. The Olympic Stadium hosted the 1928 Olympic Games, providing a link between the history and future of sport. This unique setting inspires our staff and students to excel in sport management. Throughout the academic year some classes are held on- site at sport facilities located throughout The Netherlands, enhancing the practical delivery of the program.
Also available in Spanish in Barcelona and online in English & Spanish.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 5, 2016