The joint Master's programme in Security and Mobile Computing allows students with strong computer science backgrounds to specialize in mobile computing technologies. The mobile computing and communications industry provides the user with tools that make data and communication available anywhere and at any time. This programme is about the technologies and techniques needed to allow the user to benefit from these pervasive technologies in a secure and safe manner.
The programme gives students a broad knowledge of different aspects of modern data communications architectures and their evolution. Key areas in the curriculum are network applications and services, information security, and mobile networking. The students will gain both practical engineering skills and theoretical insight, including capability to follow and apply the latest scientific research. The graduates will be able to design and develop their own solutions for the mobile Internet. The aim of the programme is to grow graduate engineers who will take responsibility for creating the next generations of products and services for the European ICT industry.
- Aalto University School of Science - Aalto
- KTH Royal Institute of Technology
- The Norwegian University of Science and Technology - NTNU
- The Technical University of Denmark - DTU
- University of Tartu - UT
- During the first autumn term studies are taken at one of the three home universities: Aalto, KTH or NTNU.
- Students with the specialization option "Reliable Software Systems" transfer from the home university to DTU for the first spring and the second autumn semester.
- Also students with the specialization “Mathematical Foundations of Cryptography” move from the home university to UT for the first spring and the second autumn semester.
- Students with other specialization tracks relocate after the first year studies to the other host universities (Aalto, KTH or NTNU) for the second autumn semester.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 27, 2016