Master in Real Estate MSRE
The MSRE degree offers a curriculum that develops the specialized skills needed by real estate professionals. Through an interactive approach, the program provides students with the leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills necessary to compete for real estate careers at the middle-to upper-management levels or become real estate entrepreneurs.
Through the use of personalized teaching methods, including numerous "live" project-based courses, students gain a full appreciation and comprehension of the many different facets of the real estate profession. Specifically, the MSRE program produces graduates who have:
- Decision-making skills, including financial and quantitative analysis
- Negotiating skills and an understanding of the ethical conduct issues in the real estate profession
- Business writing, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Technology-related skills, including ARGUS, CoStar, and other real estate databases
Real estate is a multi-disciplinary field and the MSRE focuses on providing students with a solid foundation comprised of the many different disciplines and components that comprise the real estate profession. Discussion of the political and social implications of real estate decisions, as well as their ethical dimensions, is incorporated throughout the curriculum. The program is built on the reputation and strengths of the USD School of Business Administration and its Burnham-Moores Center for Real Estate, emphasizing leadership skills, negotiations, ethical decision-making, and professional competencies.