The Master Educational Program in Quantum optics and Nanosciences is realized at the physical department of the National Research Novosibirsk State University, by the Section of Quantum optics and Section of Quantum electronics.
The main aim of the program is to form a bridge for motivated students between undergraduate and PhD study.
The training period of the MEP in Quantum optics and Nanosciences proceeds two academic years.
One academic year includes two semesters (“autumn” and “spring” semesters), two test and examination sessions (“winter” and “summer” sessions). One “winter” and one “summer” holydays are also provided.
Academic year begins at September, 1.
- The “autumn” semesters (the first and the third semesters of the MEP) proceed 18 weeks: from September, 1 till the end of December.
- The “winter” test sessions (after the first and the third semesters of the MEP) occur at the end of December. The “winter” examination sessions proceed in January.
- The “winter” holydays (after the first and the third semesters of the MEP) proceed one week at the beginning of February.
- The second “spring” semester proceeds 16 weeks: from February till the end of May.
- The second “summer” test and examination sessions proceed in June.
- The “summer” holydays (after the second semester of the MEP) proceeds two months: from July, 1 till August, 31.
- The fourth “spring” semester proceeds 14 weeks: from February till May.
- The fourth “summer” test and examination sessions proceed at the end of May. Then (in June) the procedures of final state certification (including the defending the master thesis) are carried out.
Educational level of the entrant
The MEP in Quantum optics and Nanosciences provides participation in it both foreign students and graduates of the Russian higher education institutions (including bachelor graduates of NRU NSU).
The entrant to the MEP should have an educational diploma (certificate or some analogous document) on programme of level of a bachelor degree in the field of physics.
This programme must include general physics course with elements of classical electrodynamics and physics of atoms and molecules, standard course in quantum mechanics. It must also include mathematical courses with basic elements of mathematical analysis (real and complex) and linear algebra.
Desirable knowledge of English language: TOEFL Internet based equivalent score 50-70 (intermediate or upper intermediate). Some knowledge of Russian language (for scientific and household communication) is also useful (but not necessary).
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 28, 2016