Master in Project Management
Current market dynamism and the companies that drive it give rise to an increasing need to manage multiple projects at once. As a result, at the Management level it is crucial to know the status of a company’s projects at all times, the scope of the projects the company is considering carrying out and the results of the projects that have been completed. The best way for businesses to do this is by ensuring the quality, skills and abilities of their Project Managers.
The Master in Project Management is designed to train managers who know how to lead, plan, organize and supervise complex and global projects, achieving set objectives in terms of results and efficiency.
REP CERTIFICATION BY PMI
OBS Online Business School are a Registered Education Provider (REP) certified by Project Management Institute (PMI), the world’s largest project management member association. REPs Education Providers are organizations that have been approved by PMI to help project managers achieve and maintain the Project Management Professional (PMP) ® , Program Management Professional (PgMP) ® and other PMI professional credentials. These organizations have met PMI’s rigorous quality criteria for course content, instructor qualification, and instructional design.
Professional career outlets
- Project Director
- Program Manager
- Portfolio Manager
- Program Management Office (PMO)
- Project Leader
Objectives of the Master in Project Management
This program will prepare you to:
- Manage complex projects efficiently and effectively.
- Lead teams through developing leadership skills and techniques for managing human and material resources.
- Align the current needs of companies in project management with education in best market practices.
- Start your preparation for the certification exam for Project Manager Professional (PMP) from the Project Management Institute (PMI), with the help and expertise of our team of PMP teachers which will provide you with the credits needed to register.
- Gain knowledge which is practical, up to date and fully applicable to the reality of the needs of organizations in project management.
- Contact an international team of teachers who currently hold leadership positions in companies that are engaged in the management of projects in different sectors.
- Become part of an international network of alumni.
- Access material of high quality, besides having free access to the bibliography of management books from the publishers Deusto and Gestion 2000.
Requirements and qualifications of the Master in Project Management
It is necessary to have a university degree and work experience to be accepted into the programme. Work experience is most valued because it is important to share in the knowledge – gained from training and professional responsibility – which each participant contributes to the particular situations set out by the professor. In the event that someone does not have the abovementioned requirements, acceptance into the programme will be decided on by the Board.
The people who pass the programme evaluation and comply with the academic requirements, established by the University of Barcelona (UB), will receive a UB qualification. All those who pass the evaluation will receive an EAE Business School qualification.
In order to obtain a UB qualification, you need to have a University Degree (Engineer’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree for four years or Bachelor’s Degree for three years). If you do not have a University Degree, once you have passed the different evaluations you will receive an extension diploma from UB.
OBS is now offering candidates a Scholarship Programme with a view to encouraging continuous education of professionals, entrepreneurs and directors. To apply for one of these scholarships, which finance part of the programme, the candidates must be accepted onto the programme and comply with the specified requirements.
The Scholarship and Admissions Committee will take into account the suitability of the profile and the professional career of the candidates, the reasons given in the scholarship application letter and the professional and academic recommendations of the candidate.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 2, 2016