The Master in Physics and Astronomy is a two-year (120 ECTS) advanced study in physics organised by the Vrije Universiteit Brussel, a Flemish university located in Brussels, Belgium. This MSc programme combines the expertise in the different research domains of both the Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB) and Ghent University (UGent).
This master's offers:
- a broad scientific formation with a wide range of career opportunities;
- the possibility to do research for your Master thesis in experimental and theoretical research groups with a strong, international reputation;
- the presence of the famous International Solvay Institutes for Physics and Chemistry, where Nobel Prize laureates and other top researchers are regular visitors;
- internship possibilities at CERN and other research institutions, as well as the possibility to do an internship in business;
- a high-level education in vibrant and multicultural Brussels, the capital of Europe.
This Master programme presupposes a broad and good basic knowledge of physics and astronomy. Application prerequisite for the programme Master in Physics and Astronomy is an academic Bachelor's degree in Physics or equivalent. Equivalency and admission to the programme will be based on a review of each student's academic record and will be evaluated case by case.
Additionally, in order to be admitted, you need to be proficient in English.
HOW TO APPLY
In order to apply you have to fill in the online application form
This school offers programs in:
Last updated July 20, 2016