Philosophy is a unique 2-year Master’s programme that aims to provide students with skills and knowledge of the research methods of contemporary philosophy. Students can choose from four specialisations: history of philosophy, practical philosophy, philosophy of science and theoretical philosophy. The programme is focused on research: all students will work closely together with a supervisor who will help student design the programme based on the student’s interests; students can join many international research groups and conferences and students’ MA thesis has to be on article level.
What will students get from the programme?
- Unique programme: gives a general overview of philosophy with four specialisations;
- Internationally connected faculty and international staff, many world famous guest lecturers;
- Study-related workshops and conferences;
- Integration into up-to-date philosophy literature;
- Great research opportunities: students can contribute to ongoing research and participate in conferences. UT organizes yearly 3-5 international conferences in the area of philosophy;
- Wide range of literature: the Department of Philosophy and the Centre of Ethics have a common library which gathers systematically both classic and up-to-date literature;
- International career prospective: graduates can continue their studies or work in any field from public sector to business and journalism.
After completing the curriculum, the student:
- has acquired a systematic overview of the field of philosophy, is familiar with the theoretical developments, concepts, terms and methods of philosophical research, has in-depth knowledge in a chosen narrow field of research;
- is able to identify and independently formulate problems and research questions requiring expertise in philosophy;
- has tolerant attitude towards diversity of values and opinions;
- understands the ethical aspects, possibilities, limits, and social functions of the philosopher's role; is able to suggest solutions based on specialized expertise.
Students interested in the field of philosophy with a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
More info: http://www.ut.ee/philsophy
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 6, 2016