Master in Pedagogy
Degree resulted: Master of Education Sciences in Pedagogy
Full time face to face: 2 years 120 ECTS
Part time extramural: 2 years and 6 months 120 ECTS
The aim of the Master‟s study program - highly qualified specialists for scientific and pedagogical, as well as leadership positions in educational institutions, adult education, career and counselling centres, government institutions in the education sector, who could eventually become college and university professors or researchers and pursue a doctoral degree.
Expected study results
Students in the program acquire knowledge, skills and competencies appropriate to the European Qualifications Framework (EQF) Level 7.
Knowledge - the most advanced in the field of education/pedagogy, basis for original thinking and critical awareness about:
- pedagogical activities in conditions of democracy while implementing education for sustainable development;
- vocational training, its development scenarios in the EU context;
- need for lifelong learning, flexibility in adapting to the requirements of the region;
- education as a means
- of forming positive relations between individuals, groups and nations,
- of realizing friendly and sustainable human and environmental interactions.
Skills to integrate and apply knowledge in order to
- plan educational / study goals and processes, draw up, implement and evaluate educational programs in regional, national and the EU context by realizing education for sustainable development;
- carry out independent scientific research and prepare presentations and publications about its outcomes;
- advise pupils‟ and students‟ research work;
- design and prepare educational resources for publication.
Scientific, professional and social competence -
- ability to use knowledge and skills in changing work and educational / study situations, in professional and personal area while implementing education for sustainable development;
- control and modify complex and unpredictable work or educational / study conditions, which require new strategic approaches;
- willingness to work in rural regions (counties) and develop the intellectual potential of regional citizens as one of the guarantees for a competitive formal, non-formal and informal education of school and university students and adults in these regions.
The main tasks:
1) studies of educational philosophy, pedagogy, psychology, didactics, the European Union's education systems and their development trends in order to obtain theoretical knowledge relevant to the planned study results;
2) studies of the chosen professional specialty and didactics at university level and completion of graduation papers in these disciplines in order to obtain skills of planning education/study aims and processes and designing, implementing and evaluating educational programs;
3) research methodology studies and carrying out Master‟s thesis in order to obtain skills to do as well as conduct research, and to design and prepare educational resources and scientific articles for publication;
4) approbation of theoretical knowledge in order to develop the competencies relevant for the expected study results.
Tuition fee per year: 2200Eur
Dear applicant! - you need to take into consideration following payments:
- application fee of 155,00EUR (single non-refundable payment)
- accommodation rental fee of 120,00 EUR per month (non-refundable) + deposit in amount of two further months rent (refundable)
- tuition fee regarding the chosen study program (refundable, if visa has been rejected).
All payments made to the University, must be approved by sending an electronic copy of the bank confirmation of payment to International Cooperation Centre.
Compulsory ( 105 ECTS)
- 1. Methodology of Scientific Research
- 2. Education and Psychology
- 3. Philosophy of Education
- 4. Systems of Education and European Union
- 5. Developmental Tendencies of Didactics
- 6. Professional Specialisation
- 7. Application of Research Conceptions
- 8. Master Thesis
Optional ( 15 ECTS)
- 9. Body Culture
- 10. Transaction Analysis
- 11. Alternative Education
- 12. Interpersonal Relations in Education
- 13. Neuro - Linguistic Programming
- 14. Ethics
- 15. Communication Theories in Counselling
- 16. Human Life Cycles
- 17. Innovations in Tertiary Education Didactics
Last updated April 1, 2016