The English proficiency requirements for MSOE are: Undergraduate 82 TOEFL/6.5 IELTS and Graduate 90 TOEFL/7.0 IELTS. MSOE has an ESL program for those who do not yet have the required English proficiency.
M.S. in New Product Management
Success in developing and deploying new products depends in large part on providing products that can compete with global competition in existing markets, as well as new markets. Effective new product management is a critical success factor.
The Master of Science in New Product Management (MSNP) degree program provides students a framework to enhance an organization's ability to effectively identify, develop and deploy new products and services. You will learn how to effectively apply tools and knowledge needed to find the products and/or services that are aligned with the unique strengths and position of an organization, including reputation, capabilities (current and needed), market opportunities and resources. Further, the MSNP will prepare you to identify and capitalize on both domestic and international product markets.
In the early 21st century, there developed the belief that the U.S.would evolve from a manufacturing-based to a service-based country. It has become apparent that the U.S. economy cannot be sustained without competitive, new products being developed and manufactured here. This has resulted in more companies rethinking their strategies of moving operations and sourcing to countries overseas, and strategies based on reducing the time from inception of ideas to launch of new products and services in domestic operations, as well as costs to provide the new products and services. The MSNP provides the knowledge, tools and techniques for individuals and companies to explore avenues to retain knowledge, jobs and technology in the United States.
- A baccalaureate degree in engineering, engineering technology, science, business, management or a related area.
- Computer literacy, knowledge or work processing and spreadsheet software, and a personal computer (laptop recommended) with Internet access.
- Three letters of recommendation. If employed, at least one of the letters should be from the applicant’s employer or manager
- GMAT or GRE test scores
- If your native language is not English, a score of 79 or better must be achieved on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
- There are additional filing requirements for International students: http://www.msoe.edu/fulltime_students/international/graduate-requirements.shtml
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 1, 2015