The two-year Master’s degree program in Nanotechnology and Materials for Micro- and Nanosystems is devoted to the study of micro- and nano-scale phenomena, materials, and devices. It gives students a solid foundation in three core areas: nanomaterial fabrication and characterization; physical properties; and devices. The students will also understand the potential for the technology commercialization and its social impact.
The program includes compulsory foundational courses along with elective courses focusing on specific materials and devices. The list of the main thematic areas included in the program is as follows:
- Nanoscale science and Fundamental concepts in nanotechnology
- Modeling and simulation
- Nanofabrication and Structural characterization
- Magnetic nanosystems and nanoparticles
- Materials and devices in spintronics
- Semiconductor device physics and technology
- Technology of carbon nanomaterials
- Embedded systems and software engineering
- Micro and nano sensor technology
Admission to International Master’s Programs at MISiS is open to both Russian and international students. Given that all classes will be conducted in English, we recommend that nonnative speakers of English achieve a TOEFL score of at least 525 (paper based) or 200 (computer based) prior to admission.
To apply for a two-year Master’s program at MISiS, the applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Upon the completion of the program of study at MISiS, the applicant will receive a Russian State diploma and a European Diploma Supplement.
The deadline to submit the application for Fall 2016 is 15 March 2016.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 9, 2016