Master in Multilingual Communication
As a programme oriented towards professional activity, the Master in Multilingual Communication is designed to offer both a high level of intellectual training and a practical training for activities related to communication in a multilingual workplace; it aims at training versatile students who are aware of the latest scientific advances in their field of speciality and who possess the technical skills that are required for the professional activities they plan to perform. This master includes courses in communication that specifically deal with European and euro-regional matters, and it allows students to make better use of languages in their cultural and societal contexts. Furthermore, two of the programme's three possible focuses include an internship in the second year, enabling students to personalise their academic background while getting a foot in the professional world.
Students can choose between three specialisations, through the various focuses available:
- the professional focus on economic and social communication (with internship) prepares students to work within companies and professional organisations, as well as in the field of social economy. This focus relies on a series of courses that deal with, among other things, corporate life, marketing, and sustainable development ;
- the professional focus on international cultural communication (with internship) prepares students to work within cultural institutions with a national or international scope. The programme's core includes, among other things, courses on European policy, international relations and intercultural dynamics ;
- the professional focus on languages and cultures gives students the opportunity to either specialise in the English language and the English-speaking culture, or to learn the basics of a third foreign language.
Key Learning outcomes
At the end of the master, students will be expected to possess the following skills:
- understanding two modern foreign languages and communicating in these languages with clarity and fluency, both orally and in writing ;
- taking a critical view of these languages in their cultural and societal dimensions ;
- contextualising and mastering the processes content and means of diffusion related to the fields of corporate, social or cultural communication ;
- mastering the various styles of communication writing ;
- being proficient in using the documentary resources required to carry out a personal research ;
- drafting and orally presenting an original scientific work.
Conscientious work ethic, critical thinking skills, analytical capabilities, attention to detail, independence, responsibility, ethics, open-mindedness, creativity, intellectual curiosity, professional know-how.
Last updated June 14, 2016