A distinct, research-led course based on contemporary theory and case material which is challenging and innovative. Our academics have expertise in cutting edge consumer and culture industry research and is best suited to students who have a keen interest in developing an intellectual understanding of the theories underpinning marketing concepts and processes.
This course will:
- provide you with an in-depth and critical understanding of a world increasingly defined by a culture of consumerism and the role played by marketing activities in building strong customer relationships and business opportunities.
- develop a sound knowledge and understanding of the contemporary issues relating to marketing, consumers and culture
Why choose this course?
- the course is at the cutting edge of contemporary marketing and has a distinctive quality in matters relating to consumer culture and critical perspectives.
- with the option to take elective units in areas such as Arts or Sports Marketing, Digital Media Marketing, and Marketing Ethics, the course offers the opportunity to learn more about specialised topics.
- the Marketing Group has an international profile and regularly hosts visits by leading international marketing academics.
- the course hosts a ‘Marketing Camp’, where leading international scholars present their research to faculty and students.
- our academic marketing cohort is the largest in the University of London, with 10 members.
Employability & career opportunities
Our graduates are highly employable and, in recent years, have entered many different marketing-related areas, including:
- Sales Officer at Standard Chartered
- Category Analyst at Kantar World Panel UK
- Research Assistant at Maritz Research Europe
- Private Banker at ICICI Bank
- Marketing Consultant at Viewpress TV
This school offers programs in: