The English proficiency requirements for MSOE are: Undergraduate 82 TOEFL/6.5 IELTS and Graduate 90 TOEFL/7.0 IELTS. MSOE has an ESL program for those who do not yet have the required English proficiency.
M.S. in Marketing and Export Management
The Master of Science in Marketing and Export Management degree program (MSXM) is a technology-oriented leadership program designed to meet the needs of engineers, business managers and other professional and technical persons desiring to strengthen their management and leadership skills as they relate to the value added exporting of U.S. manufactured products, services and technology. The MSXM emphasizes practical knowledge as a critical means to supplement a base of required objective skills. Graduates of the program will possess the broad range of knowledge and skills necessary for senior management or entrepreneurial positions in a wide range of industries.
The MSXM is based upon the philosophy that for organizations to compete in the increasingly intercontinental marketplace their managers need a deep understanding of global business practices. This knowledge will enable them to provide the leadership required to envision, design, create, sell and maintain products and services that add value to a broad base of humanity living and working in cultural and physical environments as diverse as the individuals themselves. This concept of marketing and management enriches both organizations and society as a whole.
Learning in the MSXM is facilitated by a faculty with extensive knowledge of the global business environment and international markets as well as excelling in a focused business area or field of learning. In addition to their academic qualifications, most are employed in the discipline(s) they teach.
The MSXM is built on three specific pillars:
- Individuals gain skills and knowledge across functional business areas.
- Technical skills in global resource management and export are cultivated.
- Students become adept at strategy development, strategic global marketing, global business and entrepreneurship.
The specific areas of major importance, complement those articulated in other MSOE management master's degrees, but further capitalize on global economic opportunities, growth of untapped markets and revitalization of product development to include export markets.
- A baccalaureate degree in engineering, engineering technology, science, business, management or a related area.
- Computer literacy, knowledge or work processing and spreadsheet software, and a personal computer (laptop recommended) with Internet access.
- Three letters of recommendation. If employed, at least one of the letters should be from the applicant’s employer or manager
- GMAT or GRE test scores
- If your native language is not English, a score of 79 or better must be achieved on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
- There are additional filing requirements for International students:http://www.msoe.edu/fulltime_students/international/graduate-requirements.shtml
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 15, 2016