The Master's degree program "Marine Ecology and Biodiversity" is an interdisciplinary program that unites English-language courses provided by several departments: Biodiversity and Marine Bioresources; Ecology; Cell Biology and Genetics; and Soil Sciences, in association with professors from the Russian Academy of Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences and Vietnam Academy of Sciences and Technology. The courses offered by the program cover various aspects of marine and fresh water wildlife: diversity of invertebrate animals, fish and plants, processes in and structure of marine ecosystems, soil formation in the sea and on shores, impacts of the environment on cells, tissues and physiology of organisms. Our research-educational collective is among the most advanced institutions in Asia Pacific Region to have established cooperative relations with overseas universities and research institutions. Now the Professor’s team of the Program has maintaining sound cooperative relations with over 10 prestigious universities and research institutions, including Institute of Marine Biology RAS (Russia), Institute of Oceanography Quingdao (China), Institute of Oceanography (Vietnam), Ocean University Quingdao (China), National University HoChiMinh (Vietnam), Jeju University (South Korea).
Ocean University of China – one of our perspective partners - is now offering various ranges of special courses to international students, including such as “The principles of Environmental Law”, “Marine Environmental Protection Law”, “Law Related to Climate Change and Marine Environment”, “Biodiversity Protection Law”, “Marine Geo-Chemistry/Geo-physics” and others.
Modern laboratories of the School of Natural Sciences are well equipped with the high-tech accoutrement providing opportunities for cutting-edge research and teaching in the frame of such disciplines as “Modern problems of marine biodiversity & Biological Safety of Ecosystems”, “Computer technology and mathematical modeling of biological processes”, “Population & Conservation Genetics”, “Pollution of bottom marine sediments”, and many other areas.
The modern research-educational complex is assumed to be maintained at the base of the strong cooperation with the research institutes of the Far East Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences to provide students with the high-qualification level as specialists who are in demand in teaching, fundamental and practical research, eco-management and eco-business in the region and on a global level as well.
The main courses/disciplines
- Modern problems of marine biodiversity & Biological Safety of Ecosystems
- Computer technology and mathematical modeling of ecosystem processes
- Coastal Ecosystems and Environmental Protection
- Ecological Principles: system’ approach and control
- Pacific Asia’s Environment
- High-productive Marine Ecosystems: ecology, pollution, adaptation and management
- Aquatic plants: biology, control and conservation
- Population & Conservation Genetics
- Bottom sediments of marine ecosystems: education, dynamics, ecological value
- Pollution of bottom marine sediments
- Environmental Cell Biology
- Foreign Language / Russian as a foreign language/English as foreign language
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 4, 2016