Placed 7th worldwide in the 2015 Financial Times Master in Management rankings, the ESCP Europe MIM is a life-changing option for any career-focused student searching for both a European Identity and a Global Perspective.
This two-year, full-time general management Master programme provides the opportunity to study in up to three countries, with options ranging from ESCP Europe's own six European campuses to our 70 partners worldwide. Designed for students with Bachelor degrees (or equivalent) in any field of study (Master programme) or those without who have previously completed at least two years of university education (Pre-Master programme in preparation for the two-year MIM), it features more than 20 specialisations in Finance, International Business, Marketing, Sustainable Development and many more.
The integrated programme curriculum, taught across five ESCP Europe campuses, offers the possibility to obtain up to three national degrees in ESCP Europe campus countries (Germany, UK, Spain, France, and Italy) - plus the option of dual degrees with our academic partners across the globe.
Because we value practical experience as an essential asset, Master in Management graduates leave with a minimum of 40weeks of professional experience. This ensures that you leave the programme with not only a world-class academic qualification, but also the invaluable intercultural practical experience top recruiters are looking for.
In addition to the study-internship structure, we also offer the possibility of following an apprenticeship study track, allowing for systematic structured periods at the School whilst also working in a firm for an extended learning experience.
If you are looking for international exposure, professional experience and a curriculum recognised as one of the best in the world, look no further than ESCP Europe's Master in Management.
The MIM Programme Objectives
As a Master in Management student, you will:
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of state-of-the-art techniques in management and the business world.
- Build and enhance your career plans through specialised course options and in-company experience.
- Strengthen your ability to live and work in a highly multicultural and international environment through studying in up to three different countries and cultures.
- Broaden your horizon by studying alongside students from a vast range of backgrounds, such as business management, economics, engineering and social sciences.
- Get practical experience and create your own network through case studies, field projects and internships.
- Prepare to take on major responsibilities in tomorrow's economic environment by developing a European identity with a global perspective on today's economy.
The Master in Management is an expansive, world-class programme. Here are some key facts to help you learn a little more about what a qualification from ESCP Europe offers:
- A two-year, full-time intercultural general management programme
- Placed 7th worldwide in the 2015 Financial Times Master in Management rankings
- An integrated intercultural programme curriculum taught across five ESCP Europe campuses
- The opportunity to study in a minimum of two, and a maximum of three different countries
- 70 partner universities worldwide, more than 20 of which offer double-degree options
- Designed for students with Bachelor degrees (or equivalent) in any field of study
- One-year pre-master option for students without a Bachelor degree (having previously completed at least two years of university education) in preparation for the Master programme
- Supported by ESCP Europe's extensive Alumni Association network (45,000 members and counting) and close ties with the business world
- Four seminars, including Start@Europe which is held at the European Parliament
- At least two integrated internships
- The option of gap years or apprenticeships
- Excellent employment rates, with 74% of the most recent graduating class employed before even completing their studies
Discover the Master in Management's top-ranking curriculum
The Master in Management programme consists of four semesters with a total of 120 ECTS credits. These semesters can be completed at our European campuses (Berlin, London, Madrid, Paris, and Turin) or at one of our 100 partner universities worldwide.
The first year is focused on advanced learning within the different fields of intercultural management through core modules.
The second year is used to concentrate on one or two options, and is also used for the writing of a Master thesis on a topic of the student’s choice. Further to this, students can choose from the rich catalogue of electives to further customise their learning experience and plan their professional career paths. Language courses are also a part of the Master in Management programme.
Beside the academic courses, 40 weeks of internships are integrated into the programme. Students can do these internships either in their countries of study or in a third country.
Alongside the core courses, electives and options, all students will participate in four international seminars (one per semester). These are key elements in the Master in Management programme, with all current students coming together to benefit from the internationality of both the courses and their fellow participants.
The Pre-Master Year is devoted to gaining insight into the fundamentals of management, including introductory and advanced concepts to foster an understanding of the world of business. There are also courses in social sciences, law, economics and foreign languages. The Pre-Master Year combines core modules, interdisciplinary projects and an internship. Students can spend the Pre-Master Year in Paris (in French) or Turin (in English). It is for students who have a minimum of two years of university education.
During the first master year, students complete a series of core modules, covering the fundamentals and advanced instruction of general management topics.
Students with a non-business bachelor degree must study prerequisites during master year one. Students entering the MIM with a recognised bachelor degree in business/management or entering through the Pre-Master year study the core modules, and then choose some courses from the elective portfolio to customise their own timetable.
- Corporate Law I
- Costs and Decisions
- Economics I
- Information Tools and Skills
- Psychology and Management
- Quantitative Methods
Advanced Core Courses
- Corporate Finance
- Economics II
- European Business Law and Taxation
- Financial Reporting IFRS
- Human Resource Management
- International Marketing Decisions
- Management Control
- Operations Management
- Organisation and Management
Alongside the core courses, electives and specialisations, all students will participate in one seminar per semester (four in total). These are key moments in the Master in Management, with all current students coming together to benefit from the internationality of the programme.
- Start@Europe: discover how the European Union works and how laws are created at the European Parliament.
- Business Game: experience a computer-based business simulation that allows you to develop, implement and manage international business strategies of a simulated company.
- Writing a Master Thesis: learn the stages of writing the thesis proposal.
- Business in Europe: participate in panel discussions and lectures with prominent personalities in international business.
A Truly International Programme
ESCP Europe is one School with five campuses - Paris, London, Berlin, Madrid and Torino. In addition to this, we have 70 international partners with whom Master in Management students can opt to study.
This distinctive model of a multi-campus business school embodies the heart of our European identity. With its five urban campuses in major European cities, ESCP Europe contributes actively to the development of a European management culture and allows the School to offer a unique type of cross-cultural business education.
To be eligible for the two-year Master in Management programme, candidates must hold a Bachelor degree (international equivalent or higher) after having completed at least three years of university studies (180 ECTS).
Applicants may submit an application in the same year they complete their Bachelor degree, pre-graduation. We recommend candidates not to be older than 30 during the application year.
- Candidates with a Bachelor degree awarded in a European country (outside of France) after at least three years of studies in Europe (with a maximum of one year spent studying in France) are eligible to apply through the European Master Admission Test (EMAT).
- Candidates with a Bachelor degree awarded anywhere except France after at least three years of studies (with a maximum of one year spent studying in France) are eligible to apply through the International Admissions Service Test (SAI).
- Candidates with a French Bachelor (Licence) degree are eligible to apply through the Direct Admission Test (CAD).
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 9, 2016