Placed 7th worldwide in the 2015 Financial Times Master in Management rankings, the ESCP Europe MIM is a life-changing option for any career-focused student searching for both a European Identity and a Global Perspective.
This two-year, full-time general management Master programme provides the opportunity to study in up to four countries, with options ranging from ESCP Europe's own six European campuses to our 70 partners worldwide. Designed for students with Bachelor degrees (or equivalent) in any field of study (Master programme) or those without who have previously completed at least two years of university education (Pre-Master programme in preparation for the two-year MIM), it features more than 25 specialisations in Finance, International Business, Marketing, Sustainable Development and many more.
The integrated programme curriculum, taught across six ESCP Europe campuses, offers the possibility to obtain up to four national degrees in ESCP Europe campus countries (Germany, UK, Spain, France, and Italy ) - plus the option of dual degrees with our academic partners across the globe.
Because we value practical experience as an essential asset, Master in Management graduates leave with a minimum of 40 weeks of professional experience. This ensures that you leave the programme with not only a world-class academic qualification, but also the invaluable intercultural practical experience top recruiters are looking for.
In addition to the study-internship structure, we also offer the possibility of following an apprenticeship study track, allowing for systematic structured periods at the School whilst also working in a firm for an extended learning experience.
If you are looking for international exposure, professional experience and a curriculum recognised as one of the best in the world, look no further than ESCP Europe's Master in Management.
The MIM Programme Objectives
As a Master in Management student, you will:
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of state-of-the-art techniques in management and the business world.
- Build and enhance your career plans through specialised course options and in-company experience.
- Strengthen your ability to live and work in a highly multicultural and international environment through studying in up to three different countries and cultures.
- Broaden your horizon by studying alongside students from a vast range of backgrounds, such as business management, economics, engineering and social sciences.
- Get practical experience and create your own network through case studies, field projects and internships.
- Prepare to take on major responsibilities in tomorrow's economic environment by developing a European identity with a global perspective on today's economy.
The Master in Management is an expansive, world-class programme. Here are some key facts to help you learn a little more about what a qualification from ESCP Europe offers:
- A two-year, full-time intercultural general management programme
- Placed 7th worldwide in the 2015 Financial Times Master in Management rankings
- An integrated intercultural programme curriculum taught across six ESCP Europe campuses
- The opportunity to study in a minimum of two, and a maximum of four different countries
- 70 partner universities worldwide, more than 20 of which offer double-degree options
- Designed for students with Bachelor degrees (or equivalent) in any field of study
- One-year pre-master option for students without a Bachelor degree (having previously completed at least two years of university education) in preparation for the Master programme
- Supported by ESCP Europe's extensive Alumni Association network (45,000 members and counting) and close ties with the business world
- Five seminars, including Start@Europe which is held at the European Parliament
- At least two integrated internships
- The option of gap years or apprenticeships
- Excellent employment rates, with 74% of the most recent graduating class employed before even completing their studies
Discover the Master in Management's top-ranking curriculum
The Master in Management programme consists of four semesters with a total of 120 ECTS credits. These semesters can be completed at our European campuses (Berlin, London, Madrid, Paris, Turin and Warsaw) or at one of our 100 partner universities worldwide.
The first year is focused on advanced learning within the different fields of intercultural management through core modules.
The second year is used to concentrate on one or two options, and is also used for the writing of a Master thesis on a topic of the student’s choice. Further to this, students can choose from the rich catalogue of electives to further customise their learning experience and plan their professional career paths. Language courses are also a part of the Master in Management programme.
Beside the academic courses, 40 weeks of internships are integrated into the programme. Students can do these internships either in their countries of study or in a third country.
The Pre-Master Year is devoted to gaining insight into the fundamentals of management, including introductory and advanced concepts to foster an understanding of the world of business. There are also courses in social sciences, law, economics and foreign languages. The Pre-Master Year combines core modules, interdisciplinary projects and an internship. Students can spend the Pre-Master Year in Paris (in French) or Turin (in English). It is for students who have a minimum of two years of university education.
During the first master year, students complete a series of core modules, covering the fundamentals and advanced instruction of general management topics.
Students with a non-business bachelor degree must study prerequisites during master year one. Students entering the MIM with a recognised bachelor degree in business/management or entering through the Pre-Master year study the core modules, and then choose some courses from the elective portfolio to customise their own timetable.
- Corporate Law I
- Costs and Decisions
- Economics I
- Information Tools and Skills
- Psychology and Management
- Quantitative Methods
Advanced Core Courses
- Corporate Finance
- Economics II
- European Business Law and Taxation
- Financial Reporting IFRS
- Human Resource Management
- International Marketing Decisions
- Management Control
- Operations Management
- Organisation and Management
Alongside the core courses, electives and specialisations, all students will participate in five thematic seminars. These are key moments in the Master in Management curriculum with all current students coming together to benefit from the internationality of the programme.
- Start@Europe: With the participation of ESCP Europe faculty and key personalities in European politics, students discover how the European Union works and how laws are created at the European Parliament.
- Business Game: This hands-on, 3-day seminar allows students to experience a computerbased business simulation that allows them to develop, implement and manage international business strategies of a simulated company.
- Kick-start your career: Studies are only as good as the opportunities they open up. This seminar is dedicated to professional development. Lectures and workshops address key topics such as professional project development, personal branding, creating dynamic CV and cover letters, interview training and networking.
- Research Methods: Required for the Master in Management degree, students learn the essential stages of writing a thesis.
- Business in Europe: The final seminar in the 2-year Master in Management programme gives students the opportunity to compete against each other to develop innovative sustainable solutions to real challenges put forth by social entrepreneurs across Europe.
A Truly International Programme
ESCP Europe is one School with six campuses - Berlin, London, Madrid, Paris, Turin and Warsaw. In addition to this, we have 70 international partners with whom Master in Management students can opt to study.
This distinctive model of a multi-campus business school embodies the heart of our European identity. With its six urban campuses in major European cities, ESCP Europe contributes actively to the development of a European management culture and allows the School to offer a unique type of cross-cultural business education.
To be eligible for the two-year Master in Management programme, candidates must hold a Bachelor degree (international equivalent or higher) after having completed at least three years of university studies (180 ECTS).
Applicants may submit an application in the same year they complete their Bachelor degree, pre-graduation.
- Candidates with a Bachelor degree awarded in a European country (outside of France) after at least three years of studies in Europe (with a maximum of one year spent studying in France) are eligible to apply through the European Master Admission Test.
- NEW: Candidates with a Bachelor degree awarded anywhere outside of Europe after at least three years of studies are eligible to apply through the Global Admission Test.
- Candidates with a Bachelor degree awarded anywhere except France after at least three years of studies (with a maximum of one year spent studying in France) are eligible to apply through the International Admission Service Test (SAI).
- Candidates with a French Licence degree are eligible to apply through the Direct Admission Test.
Please note that you may apply through only one admissions process one time per year. For example, for the intake of 2017 you may not apply through both the Global Admission Test and the European Master Admission Test.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated July 18, 2016