This master's degree has been awarded the new distinction as an International Master's Programme (IMP) by the Government of Catalonia.
The master of Science Management, Organization and Business Economics (MMOBE, MSc) is an official Master of Science, of one year with full time dedication (60 ECTS), focused on management and business topics, internationally oriented and organized by three of the most renowned Spanish University departments on these topics (click here for a short presentation).
It offers specialised and advanced training in the field of business research, catering for two objectives:
- rigorous initial training in business research and its relevant dimensions;
- offer of an analytical focus of the managerial decisions and problems that affect businesses.
To do this, advanced analysis tools are used from the fields of economics, statistics, econometrics and operative research. This dual objective of offering a solid basis for quantitative analysis and analysing specific business issues means that the MMOBE adopts a unique and differentiated focus. The study of business problems, from a research perspective, requires the dedication of special efforts to the abstraction and resolution of problems.
This focus is complemented by also contributing ideas and theories that not only help to understand problems, but also to develop instruments to facilitate the management of such sophisticated and complex organisations as businesses can be. Therefore, thorough analysis and concern for the management and direction of complex organisations are the two issues that guide the scientific orientation of the MMOBE.
The main objective of the MMOBE is to train professionals in the study of organizations, on a conceptual and quantitative basis that can enable them to undertake analysis activities and implement actions for different types of organization: companies, government institutions and international bodies. The MMOBE also trains people seeking an academic career in the fields of business organization, strategy and economics.
Onsite classes for UAB official master¿s degrees usually take place in the afternoons, from 15.00 onwards, Monday to Friday. Depending on the semester, there may be classes every day or only some days of the week. As far as possible they are scheduled on two or three days a week
Access to this master's degree is open to holders of an official bachelor's degree from a Spanish university or from another higher education institution within or outside the European Higher Education Area, provided this gives access to postgraduate studies in the country of issue.
- Holders of a four-year degree or EHEA degree in Business Management and Administration, Economics, Industrial Engineering or other similar engineering qualifications.
- Degrees in similar fields such as Mathematics, Physics, Computer Sciences, etc.
- Degrees in other fields and postgraduate training in Business Management and Administration or Economics.
- You will also be accepted if you have obtained a degree in these studies from a university abroad.
- A good level of English equivalent to the upper intermediate level B2.1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages is recommended.
The Admissions Committee will assess each candidate's application according to the following criteria:
- Degree and academic transcript. Other postgraduate qualifications and corresponding transcript.
- Three reference letters from university lecturers, researchers or, in exceptional cases, professionals in charge of the candidate's training.
- A motivation letter.
- Additional academic activities such as seminars, conferences, published research papers, etc.
- Professional experience related to the contents of the master's degree.
- Good knowledge of English and other languages.
Other participating universities:
- Public University of Navarre
- University of the Balearic Islands
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 6, 2016