Experience. Elevate. Excel.
If you imagine yourself working in the world of luxury—of fine, distinctive products and experiences—the Master in Luxury Brand Management may be your program. It’s a program that turns participants into inspired managers and marketers within the highly competitive fields of luxury fashion, jewelry, cosmetics, hospitality, gastronomy, beauty, or art.
You’ll approach luxury goods and services from multiple points of view: creative, organizational, managerial. You’ll examine marketing, branding, and communication for this unique market, as well as financial and team management.
You’ll explore how to create elegant products and heightened experiences for your exclusive customers, while remaining sensitive to the cultural factors that surround the concept of luxury. You’ll learn to take innovative branding strategies from concept to execution, like rough diamonds that must be cut and polished to acquire their full value.
You’ll develop your own personal analytical approach and language of expression. And, during an educational path that combines theory and research with practice, you’ll engage in a rewarding, collaborative dialogue with the industry professionals and consultants who guide your development.
The program is designed for candidates with a first-level degree in creative disciplines who wish to acquire skills in marketing and business management for the luxury industry. It is also aimed at graduates with degrees in the social sciences or in economic/managerial disciplines who wish to deepen their knowledge of the field of luxury goods, services, and experiences.
During this degree program, students will:
- Develop projects for the luxury market based on in-depth knowledge of the industry
- Gain experience in collaborating with a creative team
- Practice luxury brand communication strategies, from traditional media (advertising, PR, events) to digital and social media
The program is workshop-based, supported by seminars, lectures, tutorials, and fieldwork. Industry professionals, the course leader, and project leaders guide students via individual coaching and project mentorship.
The program consists of four main modules, each of which includes a two-week course and six-week workshop. The modules are followed by a two-month internship period and a final portfolio presentation. The modular structure is customizable, allowing flexibility and variety to better serve each student’s needs and goals.
Coursework focuses on:
- Exploring the historical, contemporary, psychological, anthropological, and sociological aspects of the fashion phenomenon
- Learning management and marketing strategies for fashion and luxury companies
- Developing effective communication strategies for the world of luxury and fashion
- Investigating methods and tools for fashion research and design
- Exploring the factors that determine the economic performance of a brand or company
- Branding your own work and developing your professional identity
Guided by industry professionals and faculty project leaders, you will work in cooperation with leading companies on practical projects relating to luxury brand management. Some possible workshop topics include the following:
- Analyze a luxury brand’s verbal and non-verbal DNA, and articulate its core values, in order to develop new extensions (i.e., products or product categories) within the brand.
- Promote a fashion project using offline and online communication, advertising, and events.
- Gain an insider’s view on the key role of fashion buyer. Filter through product offerings to select the right mix of merchandise that could sell in adequate quantities to achieve a retailer’s profit-margin objectives.
- Produce either a real fashion editorial for a print or online magazine or a proposal for an advertisement campaign.
- Develop a coherent visual display from concept to execution.
The final element of the program is the portfolio review. You will present your portfolio of work completed during the year in front of an exam board for evaluation.
There is no better way for you to gain experience in your field than actually working in it. The internship is a chance for you to work onsite for a company or design studio in your field of interest—while applying all the strategies you learned in the classroom and in workshops. Alternatively, you can complete an intensive project in collaboration with a company on the Domus Academy campus. Either way, you’ll get an inside perspective on how your industry really works, and you can make important connections that will further your career.
The internship lasts two months and comes at the end of your year of studies. 100% of our students participate in the internship, including non-EU students, who may extend their visas for up to one year to complete this portion of their studies.
Several prestigious companies and design studios collaborate with the Master in Luxury Brand Management program, actively participating in courses, workshops, internships, and international competitions organized by the department. Students have the opportunity to work directly with companies in their workshop projects and internships. This direct collaboration facilitates mentorship and gives students access to a wide network of professional connections. Companies and organizations involved in this program include:
Cartier, Castel Monastero Spa & Resort, Christie’s, De Beers (Forevermark), 10 Corso Como, FutureBrand, Moncler, Oteri, Park Hyatt Milan, Pommery, Recarlo, Salvatore Ferragamo, Stone Island, Trussardi, Zagliani.
Upon graduation from Domus Academy, you’ll earn a degree that’s recognized around Europe and the world—an Academic Master’s Degree (60 ECTS credits) accredited by the Italian Ministry of Education, Universities and Research (MIUR)*. You’ll also earn a second valuable qualification: the Domus Academy Master’s Diploma.
Our accreditation has helped Domus Academy build relationships with prestigious companies, so you have the chance to gain practical work experience during your course of study. An accredited degree, plus the practical experience you gain through an internship, shows employers that you received a top-quality education and that you bring industry-relevant knowledge and skills to the table when you join their team.
Our accreditation also means that the relevant academic credits you earn at Domus Academy will transfer to other institutions if you choose to work toward another master’s or a doctoral-level degree.
Graduates of the Master in Luxury Brand Management program may launch a career as a luxury brand manager, product manager, marketing manager, brand manager, or communications/PR manager. They may work for fashion brands or design agencies, or they may choose to start their own branding and marketing consultancy.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated April 20, 2016