Master in Logistics in Transport
Transport logistics is a growing sector and plays a major role in global economy. In the recent times, there has been upward surge in the sector and the requirement of the more qualified personnel has increased. The master in logistics in transportation course is designed to provide logistics market the qualified staff with core knowledge in the field of logistics in transportation.
Graduates of this course will have knowledge of the functioning of modern logistics systems and the basis of economics, organization and management, as well as managerial skills. They will also have the ability to solve logistical problems using engineering methods and techniques, including designing logistics systems, logistics processes, specialized logistics functions, usage of information systems in logistics, logistics management support, cost management, finance, capital management, staffing and training.
The students during this course will be acquainted to the following modules:
- Transportation models which includes the analysis of business models in the transport and logistics companies involved in air, sea and road transportation
- Transport infrastructure management course inherit students with the knowledge of infrastructure necessary for land, air and sea transportation’s proper functioning,
- Quantitative methods in transportation will make students learn the ways to use quantitative methods to solve problems related to the transport services,
- Pricing and yield management will equip student with an appropriate knowledge of pricing strategies and yield management in the transportation industry,
- Strategic management in logistics network will provide students additional knowledge about organizational structure and other aspects in the logistics grid.
Why to join this course
This course is industry oriented. All the modules are practical in nature. In addition to the routine courses, the students will be also trained during additional workshops like Supply Chain Management and Enterprise resource planning largely, thereby increasing their competitive edge in the labor market. The above stated forms of learning are tailored to the current labor market standards of knowledge and skills. Students will be also trained to prepare for European Senior Logistician certificate, which is provided by European Logistics Association (European Logistics Association - ELA).
Graduates of this course will be able to work in:
- manufacturing and service companies related to the area of logistics;
- transport companies;
- intermodal platform facilities;
- education sector;
- consulting firms;
- airports and airlines;
- and integrator companies.
Last updated October 21, 2015