The MFA Jewelry & Metal Arts program emphasizes advanced studio coursework and concept development. Students focus on learning fabrication skills, modular casting, laser cutting techniques, and exploring cross-cultural themes before embarking on individual Directed Study paths.
MFA Jewelry & Metal Arts Unit Requirements
- Major 27 units
- Directed Study 18 units
- Graduate Liberal Arts 12 units
- Electives 6 units
TOTAL 63 units
MFA Jewelry & Metal Arts Degree Requirements
- Successful completion of Final Thesis Project
- Minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA
- Minimum grade of C in all required 63 units
MFA Program Learning Outcomes
Graduate students will meet the following student performance criteria:
MFA Thesis Project
- Present an original thesis concept worthy of the MFA degree.
- Demonstrate the feasibility of the thesis project.
- Produce a cohesive body of work demonstrating personal vision and professional level achievement in concept and execution.
Work with advanced level skill in chosen mediums and techniques.
Research and Concept Development
- Explore ideas, articulate concepts, and conceive solutions.
- Apply project-related research to design solutions.
- Critically discuss work using objective criteria: describing facts, analyzing techniques, interpreting content, and evaluating results
- Discuss work within the context of historical movements and contemporary trends in the thesis proposal, final paper, and directed study journals.
Give clear, concise presentations supported by appropriate visual materials.
- Professionally present and exhibit artwork.
- Manage workload to meet deadlines.
- Produce a portfolio and collateral materials suitable for chosen career path.
Visit www.academyart.edu to learn more about total costs, median student loan debt, potential occupations and other information. Accredited Member WSCUC, NASAD, CIDA (BFA-IAD, MFA-IAD), NAAB (B.ARCH*, M.ARCH), CTC (California Teacher Credential). Acting degree program is currently not offering online courses. **B.ARCH is currently in candidacy status.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated April 28, 2016