Master in International Management · Human Resources
The importance of employees has grown steadily over the last decades. The term human resource management illustrates that employees are an important resource and key factors in organisational competitiveness. In a time of demographic and economic change, the management of human resources has become a decisive factor in the success or failure of companies.
As a result, human resources is now a general management focus. This four-semester study programme gives you the skills to deal effectively with this business function.
The programme introduces the basics of strategic personnel management. You will develop a strong foundation in strategic and operative thinking for your management career. With the help of personnel strategy, you will come to understand the meaning of employees as a strategic success factor for organisations.
You'll also explore international approaches to human resource management as well as relevant research. When you graduate, you will be able to apply management and motivational concepts and personnel development measures. With a strong background in international management, you will be able to create a personnel strategy tailored to global challenges.
- Language of instruction is English
- Specialisation: Human Resource Management
- Courses to improve soft skills, leadership and negotiation skills
Outstanding Teaching and Individual Attention
- A global and accomplished faculty that shares knowledge and experience with students
- Intensive work in small groups (around 20 students) with an international profile
Practice-Oriented Through and Through
- Academic knowledge is put to work in case studies, projects and hands-on research
- Real-life experience through guest lectures, company presentations, company projects and excursions
Excellent Campus Infrastructure
- Student dorms, campus WLAN and a good range of food options
- Career Services, International Office and alumni network advise and support you in your studies and your career planning
Facts & Figures
Degree: Master of Arts
Duration of study: 4 semesters
(3 semesters study + 1 semester Master thesis)
Language of instruction: English
Campus: Bad Honnef
Intake: March & September
Your Benefits at IUBH School of Business and Management
- Faculty with proven international experience
- Instruction in small, international groups, in English
- A strong link between theory and practice through case studies and projects with international organisations
- The development of key social, professional and intercultural skills for a successful management career
- The university’s extensive industry contacts for internships and career, including information and networking programmes
- Extensive, foreign language programme
General tuition fees per semester
EU Students: € 5,125 *
Int. Students: € 5,950 *
* Prices apply to annual payment in advance and are valid from September 2016.
Last updated March 3, 2016