MSc International Finance with CFA Preparation
The program provides you with a solid foundation in key areas of finance such as international corporate finance, banking, mergers and acquisitions, asset management, capital markets, and risk management. The program’s emphasis on developing strong analytical skills is well balanced with an integrated approach to business and soft skills development – students learn to apply advanced quantitative tools to generate creative solutions to real-life business problems.
What makes this program different?
Our MSc International Finance program offers:
- Real Business Knowledge: BSL professors are not just academics; they are seasoned and currently active business professionals who bring real-life experience into the classroom every day.
- Personalized Learning: Small classes of up to 20 students ensure a personalized teaching approach and create a highly dynamic and interactive learning environment.
- Professional network: Over 60 nationalities are represented by BSL’s student body and faculty, allowing you to develop an important global network for life.
- Leadership development: The MIB program combines subject knowledge in key areas of international business with courses enhancing students’ interpersonal skills for effective leadership and management.
The MSc in International Finance offers a series of elective courses on the preparation for the CFA Level I exam. The Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) certification is known as the top professional qualification for finance and investment professionals and is a great advantage for students who aim to work in the fields of investment banking and financial analysis.
Who is it for?
The MSc International Finance is well suited for recent graduates with 0 to 3 years of professional experience who wish to continue their studies before entering the work force.
The program is for those who are looking to acquire skills and competencies in international finance and management, and seek to develop their aptitude for successfully conducting business.
How long does it take?
Students can choose to start the program in September or February of each year. Completed in 18 months, the program includes 20 modules and a Master thesis.
What you need to apply?
•Bachelor’s degree in any subject area or equivalent (call us if you are not sure)
•IELTS: 6.5 or equivalent; TOEFL, TOEIC (only one test necessary)
•CV & motivation letter
•2 letters of recommendation
When to apply?
Places in our program are limited and seats are attributed in order of applications received. We recommend applying at least 90 days prior to the program’s start date, especially if you will require a study VISA.
Courses and Curriculum
The first three terms (9 months) in the MScIF program include common courses for all MScIF students, regardless of their choice of electives. The core courses provide a solid foundation in international finance and ensure that all students acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to continue with an in-depth study of chosen disciplines.
The core curriculum includes the following courses:
- Economics for business
- Ethics and Negotiations
- Corporate and Business Law
- Business Responsibility & Sustainability
- Strategic and systemic thinking
- Project Management
- Managing Information Systems
- Interpersonal Communications
- Managerial accounting
- Quantitative Methods
- Qualitative & quantitative research methods
- Leadership and management skills
- Financial Management
- Investment and Valuation
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
At BSL we get to know you. We provide personalized service and engage you in the learning experience.
* An international atmosphere—with more than 60 nationalities in our student body, you will have a fantastic opportunity to network and make friends for life.
* A globally recognized degree— accredited by the Accreditation Council of Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) in the United States and supported by the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD) in Europe, you will earn a valued degree.
* Interactive classes—given by a faculty of business practitioners with a proven track record of success, you will participate in small classes and will be enriched with real business knowledge.
* Superior Swiss Quality—part of the Swiss Federation of Private Schools and with ISO 9001 certification, BSL is ranked 3rd in Switzerland and among “Top Global Business Schools” in an employer choice based ratings system, implemented by QS (Quacquarelli Symonds Limited) and third in Switzerland.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 15, 2016