Master in International Communication
Master of Arts (60 credits) with a major in Media and Communications
International Communication is a programme designed for students who are interested in the role of communication in intercultural and global contexts.
The programme focuses on and provides both theoretical and practical skills in communication, working in an intercultural context. During the year, students will participate in courses focusing on cultural aspects of communication (both contemporary and historical) media’s role in communication and identities, communication levels and processes within intercultural organizations, political communication, media literacy, and ethnographic media studies.
Since the programme is offered in Sweden, students will be able to experience the Scandinavian cultural landscape. This perspective is also influenced by news media as well as entertainment media, and therefore, the programme also offers the opportunity for students to visit media companies and organizations as part of the course work.
Some examples of job positions that might be of interest after graduation are communication experts in companies with global or intercultural focus and strategy.
- Bachelor Diploma (certified copy): You must have successfully completed a bachelor degree at a recognized university. Note: If you have not yet received the diploma, but are in your final semester (Spring 2014) you may submit a letter from your university, indicating that it is expected you will graduate in the Spring/Summer2014, before the start of the Jönköping University programme. The document must be issued through and certified by a representative of the Academic Registrar's Office, the Examinations Office or equivalent. Certification from other staff members, such as faculty or college staff members, will not be accepted.
- Transcripts (certified copy or sent directly from your university depending on which country your degree is from)*
* If your degree was awarded in Cameroon, Canada, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Ghana, Nigeria, or USA, an official transcript of record must be sent directly from your university to the centralAdmissions Office, in a sealed envelope. If your degree was awarded in Pakistan, your degrees/transcripts and diplomas awarded must be attested by the Higher Education Commission in Pakistan. Transcripts from other countries may be received as certified copies.
- Certified copy of your Passport (If you are not a citizen of an EU/EEA country or Switzerland, certification of your passport copy is not required. EU/EEA/Swiss citizens may submit a certified copy of a valid identity card which clearly states citizenship in place of a passport copy.)
If your documents are in a language other than Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, English, French or German, you must also provide an official translation. This translation should be in one of the following languages: Swedish, English, French or German. All copies of original documents must be clearly authorised as true copies of the original by the issuing institution or a notary public. Jönköping University may check the authenticity of documents with the issuing school.
- English proficiency. Contact us for more information.
- Specific program prerequisites.
Contact us for more information.
- Letter of Motivation - Motivation letter should be no longer than 1000 words. Work experience that relates to programme considered an asset.
Please note that National Diplomas and Higher National Diplomas from Polytechnic schools are not accepted for master's studies in Sweden.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 16, 2016