MDP in International Business and Sales Management
Now you can study internationalization and global sales of firms at the University of Eastern Finland - Kuopio Campus. The new Master’s Degree Programme in International Business and Sales Management (IBS) is a multidisciplinary two-year master's degree programme that combines high level research and teaching. The programme is designed for both Finnish and International students so that people with different backgrounds come to study and learn skills to operate successfully in challenging and changing business environments.
To apply for the programme the applicant is expected to have a three year Bachelor’s degree or equivalent university degree in the field of Business Administration, and very good skills in both written and spoken English.
Internationalization of firms, business-to-business sales and cross-cultural communication skills are core themes that will be emphasized on the programme. The content is based on the latest theoretical findings and case exercises, group work and collaboration between peer students, staff and B2B companies. Internationally distinguished academics will bring their state-of-the-art knowledge and companies will provide real life case projects to ensure that your education is also practical.
A variety teaching methods guarantees an interesting, challenging and motivating learning environment for you as a student on the programme. We use innovative educational tools, such as Sales Theatre and Real Case, to support your active learning. You will notice that courses have lots of visitors who contribute their expertise to ensure that you have access to the latest knowledge and skills from the IBS area.
The new master’s programme in International Business and Sales Management adopts cross-disciplinary approach to provide in-depth understanding of the global business environment and firm's approaches to doing business cross borders. This two-year programme is fully taught in English and the curriculum is designed for students who want to gain in-depth knowledge and skills within all parts of international business and sales management.
The programme students will acquire important knowledge and readiness to operate in a global business environment in various organisations and roles. Additionally, the programme curriculum is designed to provide tools to operate successfully in an academic field. Students who have successfully completed the programme will be awarded with Master’s Degree in Economics and Business Administration.
The sales area employs a great number of people in industry because today’s business environment is changing rapidly. Firms have noticed that new skills are needed to improve and develop their operations, especially in international markets. The IBS programme has been designed in response to this increased need for new professionals for the Finnish business sector.
After completing the programme many employment opportunities will be open to you in various sectors of society. The degree will be valued by employers worldwide and you will be able to operate in organizations in both the private and public sectors. As a result you have at your disposal tools for a career in interesting and challenging tasks in various roles all over the world.
- Master's degree in International Business and Sales Management (120 ECTS)
- International Business and Sales Management 76 ECTS
- Minor Studies 25-30 ECTS
- Academic and Methodological skills 10-14 ECTS
- Electives 0-9 ECTS
Applicants with following degrees are eligible for the studies:
Bachelor of Science degree (min. 3-year) in the field of Business Administration from a recognised university, or equivalent degree (min. 3-year) from a recognised university of applied sciences/polytechnic. A minimum of 60 ECTS in business studies is required. Language, communication and research method studies and studies in law are not included in the above mentioned studies. However, one course in economics and one course in logistics may be included in the above mentioned studies. The degree must be completed by the end of the application period.
The applicants are to prove their language skills in English as follows:
1. English language test:
- TOEFL paper-based: Total score 600 and Writing 4.0
- TOEFL Internet-based: Total Score 100 and Writing 22
- IELTS (Academic): Overall Score 6.5 and Writing 5.5
- PTE (Pearson Test of English): min. 59 points
2. Or, if the applicant fulfils at least one of the following requirements, a separate language test is not required but the applicant is to prove his/her English proficiency with the applicable degree certificate and the transcript of his/her academic record:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree conducted in English language in a Nordic country (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden)
- Bachelor's or Master's degree conducted in English language in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, the United Kingdom or the United States
- Bachelor's or Master's degree conducted in English language in an EU/EEA country
- Secondary education conducted in English language in a Nordic country (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden)
- Secondary education conducted in English language in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, the United Kingdom or the United States
- Secondary education conducted in English language in an EU/EEA country
- Secondary education conducted in a Nordic country (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden)
- English as the A1 language as part of an International Baccalaureate examination (minimum grade 2)
Letter of Motivation
- Max. 1000 words
- Introduction of the applicant (degrees and studies, current professional activity, special academic and professional interests)
- Reasons for applying to the programme
- Preliminary proposal for the Master's thesis topic (max. 200 words)
- Financing plan for the studies
- Career plans after graduation
Tuition Fees and Funding
At the moment there are no tuition fees at the University of Eastern Finland. However, In Finland you must take responsibility for supporting yourself. It is difficult for a student to find work in Finland. Before you come to Finland, make sure that your finances will be sufficient for the entire period of your studies. Residence permits for students are normally granted for one year at a time. Income is investigated in connection with every application. You will need to have access to at least 560 euro a month to pay for your accommodation, food and other expenses. For one year of residence you will therefore need to have 6,720 euro available. Please visit www.migri.fi for further information. The University of Eastern Finland does not offer any financial aid for students.
When applying for their student residence permit, international students (non-EU/EEA students) need to demonstrate that they have funds of at least EUR 560 per month (EUR 6,720 per year) at their disposal. The student residence permit must be renewed annually, and availability of funds must be demonstrated every time when renewing the permit.
EU citizens who come to Finland to study do not need to apply for a student residence permit; however, they too are expected to be able to cover their living costs independently.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 6, 2015