Justification and Purpose
Nowadays, people are unanimously considered as the company’s most valuable asset. The profound changes resulting from globalisation, deregulation of markets and technological advances have driven businesses and organisations, in general, toward change and constant upgrading to meet the new environmental conditions.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for the demanding and challenging role of choosing, motivating, evaluating, rewarding and developing individuals who make it possible. The skills required for strengthening the competitive position of companies in the open-market context are increasingly diverse, but simultaneously changeable and dynamic because of the ongoing effort to steer change and response to new solicitations.
Therefore, we envision to endow future Human Resource Management Professionals with:
- The ability to understand the theoretical developments and critical analysis of human resource management issues in organisational contexts, which constitute the basis for development and/or original applications in this field;
- The ability to understand and solve human resource management problems in new and unfamiliar situations. In their role of human resource managers, they become agents of change whilst strengthening and improving performance and the organisational well-being as well;
- The ability to integrate knowledge, deal with complex issues, develop solutions or produce criticism in limited or incomplete information situations, including reflections on the ethical and social responsibilities that result from or condition these solutions and critical judgements.
- The ability to report their findings and underlying knowledge and reasoning in a clear and unambiguous manner;
- The development of lifelong self-learning skills.
We aim at giving everyone the chance of pursuing this programme. Therefore, this programme is offered in a full-time and/or part-time regime.
Would you like to consolidate your current training and get familiar with more advanced practices of human resource management and boost the prospects of your future career? The Master Programme in Human Resource Management as offered at the EEG/UM is an excellent answer to your expectations!
This school offers programs in:
- Portuguese (Portugal)
Last updated January 15, 2016