Master in Human Computer Interaction
Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) is an internationally accredited 2-year Master programme (120 ECTS) in English offered by the Institute of Informatics. The special focus of HCI aims at preparing specialists, equipped with knowledge and skills for designing user-friendly technology.
Students undertake interdisciplinary research and courses from the disciplines of:
• behavioral and social sciences
Organization of studies:
• biweekly lectures
• theory linked with practice
• multidisciplinary teamwork.
Graduates are eligible to apply for the doctoral programme “Information Society Technologies” at Tallinn University.
The programme is carried out by an international team of professors and lecturers.
Why choose HCI?
Special features of HCI Master programme include:
• Fresh profile within the scene of interaction design
• International team of professors and lecturers
• Regular up-dating of the list of elective courses
• Opportunities to participate in research and development projects of the Institute
On top of these arguments, HCI’s courses provide state-of-the-art theoretical and practical skills in the subject area, with a great choice of elective courses based on student’s personal interests.
The programme is suitable also for distance and part-time studies.
Goals & Career Options
What are the prospective job and career opportunities?
Graduates are able to follow a number of career options, according to their personal interests, and depending on their personal learning path within HCI.
Upon successful graduation, the students:
• Know the techniques necessary for the design and development of easy to use, appealing and carefully though-out software and technical systems;
• Are able to effectively lead and collaborate in the process of designing and developing successful software and technical systems.
Further, the students:
• Have the necessary communication and team-working skills for involving different partners;
• Are ready to follow established professional, ethical and intellectual property protection principles.
Graduates are eligible to further apply for the doctoral programme “Information Society Technologies” at Tallinn University, or for relevant programmes in other universities.
Requirements for Admission:
1. A Bachelor degree or corresponding qualification.
2. Preferably some experience or skills in one of the following:
• Social Sciences
3. Profiency of English
Applicants to whom English is not a native language are required to provide a proof of theirEnglish language proficiency.
For applicants, with BA or secondary school diploma received in Estonia:
• Estonian state exam of English language – 80 points or above; or
• Completed level B2 English course on Bachelor’s studies’ transcript of records.
Last updated September 29, 2015