The hospitality and tourism sectors are characterised by fast-paced, dynamic, global industries that need dynamic, informed and entrepreneurial leaders to move their businesses forward in an ever changing world.
This course is designed for a range of students - you may have recently graduated and are now looking to fast-track your career or you may have a high level of industry experience, but are looking to improve your career prospects, or maybe you are seeking a change in career direction.
The course comprises modules that critically investigate contemporary issues in hospitality and tourism management using current theories and concepts which develop critical thinking, problem-solving and entrepreneurial skills, as well as broader business acumen.
A complementary applied element to the course can be found in the optional 'Professional Practice' module. In addition, visiting industry speakers offer contextualisation of critical and contemporary issues, while their contribution further reinforces the currency of the course content.
- Contemporary Issues in Hospitality and Tourism
- Fundamentals of Strategic Management and Leadership
- Service Quality in the Experiential Industries
- Perspectives on Policy
- Applied Contemporary Practice
- you will need a 2.1 Honours degree or equivalent in a relevant subject
- or you may have substantial relevant work experience
- international students need IELTS 6.5 overall (no less than 6.0 in writing and 5.5 in any other band) or equivalent
Full-time / Part-time
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 10, 2016