The Italian Chamber of Commerce is pleased to introduce the seventeenth edition of the Master in Hospitality and Hotel Management.
During the last few years, the hospitality sector has been subject to numerous significant changes. Increasing competition has forced people working in this sector to find new elements which guarantee them the chance to overcome this competition. Obviously, nowadays, these outstanding elements are human resources. Even though there are rumours about a possible unemployment crisis in this sector, the reality is that this kind of crisis is likely to happen just for not qualified employees. As a matter of fact, the market is constantly seeking people featuring a new concept of hospitality.
15 scholarships will be granted for the participation to the MA. Our sponsors provide 10 scholarships worth £580 (VAT incl) to the first ten students who send in their application by 18th December. Five additional scholarships worth £480 (VAT incl) will be given out on a first-come-first-served basis.
The Master in Hospitality and Hotel Management aims to teach students various skills, such as professional, methodological, problem-solving, social and management skills. The capability to respond with efficiency to a market constantly changing is nowadays a necessity for every manager.
This Master features an innovative curriculum that reflects the dynamic and pervasive nature of management itself. The programme will enhance participants' knowledge of diverse commercial aspects of hospitality management and provide them with the tools, skills and perspectives necessary to forge their own global hospitality strategies. The Master aims to give its students the most competitive and accurate vision of the sector – that is why all the professors who participate in the MA are already professionals operating in the British market, which is renowned to be the most exciting and fastest-growing area of the world. The teaching approach will be practical and interactive, in order to give students a complete vision of the hospitality sector. Visits to important hotels will also be part of the programme.
As a matter of fact 90% of the students of previous intakes found a job within 3 months of the end of their training programme.
Master Program Duration
-- 6 April/3 May for the tutorial part
-- 3-6 months for the Internship
Master Program Structure
1. The MA will last 4 or 7 months and will be divided into two terms. There will be a first month of tuition, followed by an internship of a minimum of 3 months up to 6 months.
2. The first term of the MA consists of about 150 hours of classes plus 20 hours of individual study. The second term will require, for all the students, at least 500 hours internship during a minimum of 3 month period.
3. The classes are structured as follows:
a. Hotel Sales and Marketing;
b. Staff Management and HR Assessment;
d. Conferences and event organisation;
e. Reception and Front of House;
f. Budget, accountancy and price setting;
g. Food&Beverage and Purchasing Management;
i. Business cases and Hotel visits.
4. Students will be supported throughout the classes for a constant learning and to get prepared to the internship, which will provide valuable experience departing from an on-the-field point of view.
5. Students are provided professional help through aimed coaching by the tutor of the course (Master in Hospitality and Hotel Management).
6. Courses are conducted exclusively in English.
7. The internship takes place at the end of the initial lecture period according to the availability of the hosting companies.
8. This course (Master in Hospitality and Hotel Management) requires a time attendance of 75% of the lectures. The classes will take place from Monday to Friday from 9.00 to 13.00 and from 14.00 to 18.00.
Every student is supposed to attend minimum 500 hours internship, with which the student will acquire a unique recognised experience. All the candidates will have to deal with international realities of the hospitality sector. Some of the companies who hosted the students during the previous editions were: Dukes, Millennium Hotels, Melia Whitehouse, Crowne Plaza, The Ritz, Sanctum Soho, The Rocco Forte Collection, Baglioni, Hotel Wellesley, Hotel Xenia, The Ampersand, PH Hotels, Sheraton, St. James Hotel etc.
Admission & Application
Close number candidates: 25 candidates.
The MA has a maximum closed number of 25 candidates, selected among applicants holding a diploma or a degree. Advantages to be admitted to the MA will be: fluent English and strong motivation to work in the Hospitality industry.
The application fee (with the possibility to pay by instalment at zero interest) is GBP 3.400 + VAT (20%) and it includes:
a. lecture material provided in digital format;
c. tutor assistance;
d. personalized placement service;
e. complimentary accommodation in London during the first term of MA ( classes);
f. complimentary return flight to London (either from Rome or Milan);
g. complimentary transfer to the accommodation from London airport.
We provide additional discounts for students who do not require either a return flight to/from London, or accommodation for the first month of lectures.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 31, 2016