London – New York – Tokyo
Global Innovation Design (GID) is a new joint Master's programme between the Royal College of Art and Imperial College London. It is a unique, transnational Master’s design initiative that brings together three major centres of design, culture, enterprise and industry: Europe, North America and Asia. The programme is a world-class design collaboration between four internationally renowned academic institutions. Each partner brings distinct expertise and complementary approaches to design, engineering, technology and business with an emphasis on internationally oriented design and innovation. GID offers a new global style of learning and unique educational and cultural experiences designed to meet the changing needs of enterprise in the twenty-first century. GID Master's students on the joint RCA/Imperial College programme study in New York and Tokyo during their first year and then in London for their graduation year. Graduates from the programme are expected to be central to innovation leadership in the twenty-first century. The programme is full time and runs over a period of two calendar years.
The GID Master's programme will offer:
- a double Master's: MA Royal College of Art and MSc Imperial College London – students are fully enrolled at both institutions
- significant study periods during the first year of the programme at world renowned institutions: Keio University in Tokyo and the Pratt Institute in New York
- a London-based second year of the programme in a shared vibrant creative studio at the RCA (all students have their own desk), with access via Imperial College to a world-leading technology environment
- a diverse and international mix of students
- teaching staff who are highly experienced practitioners and work professionally in their field
- potential enterprise and commercialisation support through the InnovationRCA incubator
- leadership skills for design-related enterprises operating in international environments
- high-level graduate destinations: RCA and Imperial alumni work at leadership level in international corporations, global consultancies as well as new self-started commercial enterprises.
Applications are welcomed from any qualifying graduate or significantly experienced professional interested in the how innovation and design can improve the lives of people, society and the economy at leadership level in international contexts.
Note: The GID programme is subject to a supplementary fee (£2,000 per annum) in addition to the standard RCA postgraduate masters fees because of the higher costs involved in delivering a programme in three countries.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 22, 2015