Master in Geographical Information Science
The UNIGIS programme aims to provide you with an understanding of the technical, geographical and organizational aspects of Geographical Information Science (GIS). It will equip you with the necessary knowledge and skills to:
- use GIS to produce solutions for management issues and scientific challenges;
- design and implement appropriate methods for capturing data;
- design spatial analysis procedures within GIS;
- design and use databases within GIS;
- design map output suitable for a variety of media;
- implement quality control procedures, and analyse a GIS project and understand the critical role of GIS within an organization.
Field of Interest
Economics, Business and Law, Natural Sciences
Specializations: GIS/GIScience/GIS and Management/GIS and the Environment
TOEFL 580/237/92-93 or IELTS 6.5
6 months before the start date for non-EU/EEA students; 5 months before the start date for EU and EEA students; 1 month before the start date for Dutch students from institutions other than VU University Amsterdam.
Last updated December 2, 2015