Master in Food Science
The Faculty of Food Technology was established in 1984. Since then, 65 years of activities, rich in long-standing traditions, scientific and technical achievements, and continuous striving to educate the students and develop the study and scientific facilities, have passed. The development, which the faculty has experienced during the years, is characterized not only by its students and graduates, but also by a growing recognition of the faculty in the areas of food science and nutrition science in Latvia and beyond.
The Faculty of Food Technology has trained more than 5,000 food and hospitality industry specialists for professional career and life; they are now successfully working in food manufacturing companies, government institutions, scientific research and vocational education institutions, as well as running their own businesses.
The faculty has implemented and it will continue to pursue its primary objective - to provide students with theoretical knowledge and practical skills necessary for academic or higher vocational education of the food and hospitality industries as well as for the research in food science and nutrition science.
As regards students, who are just starting their studies, the faculty offers dynamic studies in modern laboratories, active student life and practice as well as study opportunities abroad in companies and in the partner universities.
Tuition fee per year: 3500Eur
Dear applicant! - you need to take into consideration following payments:
- application fee of 155,00EUR (single non-refundable payment)
- accommodation rental fee of 120,00 EUR per month (non-refundable) + deposit in amount of two further months rent (refundable)
- tuition fee regarding the chosen study program (refundable, if visa has been rejected).
All payments made to the University, must be approved by sending an electronic copy of the bank confirmation of payment to International Cooperation Centre.
Academic study courses - part A
- 1 Food Safety
- 2 Regulation of Biochemical Process
- 3 Food Microstructure and Texture Properties
- 4 Metrology
- 5 Instrumental Analysis of Food Products
- 6 Advanced Trends of Nutrition
- 7 Innovation of Food System
- 8 Functional Foods
- 9 Genetic Modify Food
- 10 Advanced Food Packing
- 11 Natural Substances in Food Systems I
- 12 Application of Foods Additives
- 13 Toxicology
- 14 Design of Sensory Evaluation
- 15 Identification of Microorganisms
- 16 Natural Substances in Food Systems II
- 17 Food and Entrepreneurship
- 18 Quality Systems in Food Chain
- 19 Sensory and Consumer Science
- 20 Food science
Total: 45 ECTS
Professional selected study courses - part B
- 1 Cosmetic
- 2 Food Circulation and Legislation
- 3 Innovations for Foodservice Equipment
- 4 Analysis of Food Shelf life
- 5 Consumer and Food Marketing
Total: 10 ECTS
1 Master Thesis (25 ECTS)
Total: 80 ECTS
This school offers programs in:
Last updated April 1, 2016