«The Master’s degree programme in Finance has been accepted into the CFA Institute University Recognition Program. This status is granted to institutions whose degree programm(s) incorporate at least 70% of the CFA Program Candidate Body of Knowledge(CBOK), which provides students with a solid grounding in the CBOK and positions them well to sit for the CFA exams.»
The MSc in Finance is an internationally recognized Master's degree programme and is currently one of the few programmes in the German speaking area with focus on Asset Management, Wealth Management and International Corporate Finance. This programme is unique thanks to its international approach, practice-oriented curriculum and its personal learning environment for students. The programme is entirely taught in English, lasts 4 semesters and grants 120 ECTS.
Successful students are awarded with the Degree in “Master of Science in Finance (MSc)”
This programme equips students with skills and knowledge in the latest financial management research topics and are encouraged to improve their analytical thinking and teamwork capacities. Practice-oriented projects develop leadership potential and decision-making skills. A limited number of around 35-40 students are admitted every year, who come from all over the world.Graduates are well prepared for the current demands in the financial market place hence are sought after candidates for leadership and expert positions in the financial services industries such as in:
- Asset Management
- Risk Management
- International Finance
- Investment Funds
- Insurance Companies
What makes the programme so unique?
- personal learning environment through a low professor/student-ratio of only 1:5
- international group of around 30 students - programme entirely taught in English
- focus on International Corporate Finance and Asset Management
- curriculum content linked to CFA
- Chartered Financial Analyst
- international team of professors and practitioners
- unique location in the heart of Europe with international finance know-how
- educational journeys to leading financial centres in the world
- strong links to the financial industry
- excellent career prospects
- preparation for a PhD programme
- attractive tuition fees (state-funded education)
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma with at least 180 ECTS (out of which 60ECTS should be in business related fields)
- English language skills at proficiency level B2 according to CEFR
- Excellent applicants are invited for a personal interview.
- 31st March – for non EU/EEA and Swiss citizens, who require a Visa for Liechtenstein.
- 30th June – only for EU/EEA and Swiss citizens. It is highly recommended to submit the application as early as possible!
CHF 850.- per semester (state-funded study programme) Additional costs for citizens who require a visa a deposit of CHF 3000.- has to be paid prior to study begin.
Study and career
Working beside study is possible to a certain extend however the semester break offers an ideal opportunity to do an internship and gain work experience.
The Master’s degree programme in Finance is open to students, who bring along the knowledge and skills acquired in a Bachelor’s degree programme in Business Administration or any related area. We expect students to have a solid knowledge in the subjects of Mathematics/Quantitative Methods, Statistics, Corporate Finance/Investments, Management, Research Methods and Scientific Work.In particular, we are looking for mature individuals who are team players, with a passion for finance and who are prepared to study at a very high academic level. We expect students to deliver high quality of work and to be motivated to participate in and actively shape this challenging programme.
Studying in Vaduz
Further information on Studying, living and working in Liechtenstein will help you in your decision making process, where to do your Master. Should you have any additional questions, please contact one of our students ambassodors, who are happy to help in answering your questions.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated April 22, 2016