Masters in Finance
Finance has long been a key competency of CEU Business School. Indeed, finance is among the most popular specializations in our longstanding MBA program. Building on this foundation and experience, we a have launched a new Master of Science in Finance program.
The program has been designed from the ground up to serve twenty-first century financial professionals around the world. It is an intensive, 7-month-long program. Its accelerated nature allows you to earn a degree that will significantly enhance your career with minimal interruption to your professional life.
The program encompasses a mainstream and altogether modern finance curriculum and also offers alternative finance approaches, thereby demonstrating the heterogeneity of finance today in established and emerging markets. The program covers psychological/cognitive aspects and the social impact of finance at both the macro and micro levels. Courses generally include cases, as well theory, and the cases concentrate on the most effective finance practices, particularly in emerging economies.
Adhering to the global mission of CEU Business School as a whole, the skills acquired by enrolling in this program are transferable internationally. Thus, graduates are universally sought-after throughout the world. The program also represents close collaboration between CEU Business School and CEU’s Department of Economics, thereby promoting high-level interdisciplinary education and scholarship. The program’s curriculum also includes best practices in corporate governance and, thus, builds on the acknowledged state-of-the-art research and teaching at the school on business and society.
Reflecting a practical emphasis, students are expected to participate in a Field Project in firms. The program has strong links with well-known professional associations, e.g. CFA, ACCA. These groups have provided suggestions for the program’s content and our courses may count as partial or full recognition of credits for professional qualifications, such as certified accountant or certified financial analyst.
Candidates to the program must have:
- A bachelor's (or higher) degree in any field from a reputable institution
- Strong command of English, demonstrated by your TOEFL (or equivalent tests) score
- A competitive GMAT or GRE score indicating strong quantitative skills. Although we do not have a minimum score, your classmates will typically range between mid-500s and mid-700s, with many having scored above 600. Although the GMAT is only one of several admission criteria, a high score will increase your chances of being admitted significantly.
The TOEFL requirement is typically waived for native speakers of English and for students who completed their Bachelor's degree solely in English. The GMAT requirement can be waived for very experienced business professionals.
Tuition for the Masters in Finance is 15,000 EUR for the class starting in February 2015.
Tuition reduction of 15% is granted to alumni of all CEU degree programs.
- A non-refundable deposit of 1000 EUR is required to secure your place after the offer of admission. It will be deducted from the first tutition payment.
- Room and board is not included in tuition fees.
- Books, reading packs and case studies are included in the tutition fee.
- Students are required to have and provide their own laptop.
- Consult Student Services Office for updated Re-enrollment, Late Payment, and Late Drop/Add fees.
Title IV Loan Programs
CEU qualifies for all Title IV loan programs for US nationals and green card holders (Stafford, Perkins, etc.).
This school offers programs in: