Students in this field are prepared to work in various functions in monetary systems, corporation finance and financial accounting. The organization of the field enables the students to gain knowledge of monetary systems, banking, insurance, corporate finance, accounting, financial markets and international finance. Emphasis is placed on solving financial and monetary problems. Through optional courses it is possible for the students to expand their knowledge of the area of banking, bank management, bank accounting, financial analysis and plan, contractual relations in financial affairs, financial accounting of corporations and the insurance market.
This school offers programs in:
The programme graduates will:
- understand and define basic terminology used in finance theory and practice.
- be able to calculate yield from financial investments and an impact of inflation on savings and financial investments.
- be able to describe and understand basic trends in financial markets.
- be able to choose suitable bank products for savings and credits.
- be able to explain accounting methods, systems of valuation and taxation used in the Czech Republic and in the EU countries. Course graduates will be equipped to work in various capacities in financial institutions, especially in banks, insurance companies and trusts, as stockbrokers or private financial investors, in finance and accounting departments of companies and institutions. They will hold higher managerial positions in financial divisions of banks, insurance companies or as financial and capital market analysts, controllers, etc.
Last updated April 22, 2016