The Marangoni fashion master’s in fashion and luxury brand management is designed to develop the intellectual ability of the students through the understanding of the principles and practices of brand management and their application in connection with the fashion and luxury goods sectors. During the programme, aspects of economic management, productive and distribution channels of a brand will be explored, with the scope of encouraging the students to make a critical evaluation of the managerial environment and its purpose.
The fashion brand manager is an increasingly sought-after figure within Italian and international fashion houses for their ability to work out creative solutions with the purpose of improving the management of a brand. They have the responsibility to define the style of a collection, identify the price range, the target and the market reference. Beyond checking on the development of new products, they also plan the promotion and sales avenues in collaboration with the style, production and marketing departments of luxury fashion.
The expert fashion brand manager trained by the Marangoni school of fashion and design will be able to work in companies, consulting firms, trade associations and for various industries in fashion, luxury and lifestyle. The graduate will be able to apply the knowledge and skills acquired during the course in the field of marketing, communication and event planning, brand management, retail, visual merchandising, e-commerce and the search for new trends.
- critically analyze how different organizations in fashion and luxury goods manage their brands and their market offerings in order to compete in different market environments;
- evaluate the interrelationships between branding strategies and corporate strategies, business strategy and the functional strategies of an organization;
- develop systematic and creative solutions for a range of problems in the world of business and real management, taking into account theories, frameworks and practices relevant to the branding of luxury,fashion and brand management;
- assess how current issues including new technologies, and the changing role of the consumer and corporate social responsibility, have an impact on the competitive strategies of organizations involved in luxury goods and fashion;
- evaluate critically published work in the area of branding for fashion, luxury and brand management and then design and successfully implement a considerable amount of independent research.
- managing fashion marketing
- luxury grand management
- brand strategy management
- contemporary aspects of fashion
- creativity and innovation of a product
- research methods
- final professional project
* students who successfully complete the programmes taught in english in paris and london will be awarded with a masters degree by MMU (manchester metropolitan university). masters degrees include a 12/14 weeks work placement. 180 credits points are available in order to gain a masters degree upon successful completion of the course. all candidates should meet specific requirements (please check the website www.mmu.ac.uk/international indicating your nationality and study level); for further details please do not hesitate to contact the information office at the chosen campus.
** students who successfully complete the programmes taught in milano will be awarded with an istituto marangoni certificate.
03 feb 2014 - 29 may 2015
06 oct 2014 - 29 jan 2016
02 feb 2015 - 27 may 2016
03 feb 2014 - 26 sep 2014
06 oct 2014 - 05 jun 2015
02 feb 2015 - 25 sep 2016
06 oct 2014 - 29 jan 2016
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 6, 2016