The master’s in fashion styling & portfolio is intended to grant the students advanced knowledge and develop a broad range of abilities in the field of fashion styling and fashion photography, promoting originality and autonomy while working to respond to the changing needs of the fashion industry. The exhaustive study of existing and emerging technology in the contemporary fashion industry is aimed at the development of the independent personal research of the student.
The stylist has the job of bringing value to the communication of fashion products, creating the image. Based on their refined sensitivity, they are able to create style that tells a story about the impact of fashion in everyday life. Their means of expresson are: the editorial pages regarding trends in fashion magazines, the interpretations of fashion products in blogs and online magazines, the creation of image and video collections, the design staff of research offices in style and trends. In addition to the requirement of creativity, fashion stylists have a rich knowledge of the history of fashion, as well as trends, styles and the tastes of modern society.
The stylist plays a key role in the success of a fashion collection. These professionals can collaborate with magazines in fashion and style,n design offices design or in offices of Italian and international fashion houses. They may also find work in the creation of catalogues, as well as in image consulting, in offices for research and trend or work with press offices.
- understand the relationship between the theory of photography, its practice and its context;
- manage images in Photoshop and multimedia;
- manage a photographic space and choose its location;
- create photoshoots with models and technical assistants; manage the creative process from an idea to its realization;
- analyse and describe fashion photographs and their cultural context.
- cultural identity of styling
- fashion brand
- creative communication and experimentation
- creative visualization
- theory and practice
- research methods
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 6, 2016