Master in Fashion Elite
Aimed at maximum 12 excellent candidates per year, selected by the best fashion schools worldwide or from the world of work, who have a minimum of professional experience and/or have launched a brand with great future potential.
Maximum four participants will be chosen from each of the following educational pathways: Design, Art Direction and Business. Those selected will be expected to have a good first degree in design or business studies.
The course is designed to train the future leaders of the fashion industry to understand, analyse and manage the key areas of a fashion company.
Through the study of subjects such as collection-building, production methodologies, budgeting, marketing and communication, the participant can learn not only theoretical notions but to develop innovative and future-thinking practical approaches aimed at creating, making and launching a product or collection of products on the global market.
These twelve participants will be divided into three interdisciplinary groups. Each group will consist of a participant with a design background, one with an art direction background and one with a business background.
All three groups will attend a nine-month intensive course held by the best tutors and managers of the fashion industry in every area (design, art, business), during which they will develop their own business idea or an idea from the sponsoring brand.
During the course each group will be supported by:
- a coach;
- three tutors, one for each subject area. There will be no pre-constructed units, but the contents will be negotiated and driven by each team, focusing on project development;
- managers for each function (creativity, communication, digital, textile, venture capital, business planning, marketing, retail, etc.) who will work directly on the participants’ project.
Through building skills in ideas development, problem solving, teamwork and focused project management, participants will be able to lead teams of people in realising complex projects. They will be able to contribute entrepreneurial thinking to new concepts for existing companies or generate new businesses and create new markets for innovative products.
- research, develop and resolve all creative ideas while producing an ambitious, professional and contemporary collection (creative skills);
- critically implement an individual program of work demonstrating organizational and managerial skills in planning, organizing and completing the project (business skills);
- evaluate the procedures involved in setting up and operating a business venture (business skills);
- relate appropriately and effectively within various organizational contexts;
- develop effective self-management skills in terms of time, planning and behaviour, motivation, self-starting, individual initiative and enterprise when realizing a project (soft skills).
The programme is innovative as it is based on a coaching approach. This is determined by the participants as they set their objectives and are supported and guided by the academic teams across fashion disciplines.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 6, 2016