Education and Globalisation is a full-time two-year international Master's programme. Students major in educational sciences. The central aim of the programme is to develop quality in education and to equip students to exercise socially responsible leadership in complex and diverse societies. The programme emphasises North-South-East-West dialogue and includes studies in interculturalism, globalisation and their effects on various sectors of education.
The programme focuses on ethics, policy, planning, curriculum, evaluation and comparative research in education. It aims to develop the appropriate competencies and knowledge needed in planning, evaluation, research and development tasks in education and related fields in the midst of societal changes, both on the local and global levels.
Graduates of the programme will be able to
- make informed and ethical decisions in complex and diverse education environments in local and global contexts
- relate and work ethically and productively in partnership with diverse individuals, groups, families, communities
- show cross-cultural competence, seeing linguistic/cultural/ethnic/gender difference as a source of learning
- introduce multiple perspectives into their professional activities and research and engage with different knowledges/cultures in ethical ways
- use information technology to enhance teaching and research in informed and critical ways
- produce and use research that is robust and relevant to national and international debates in education
- exercise leadership in the field of policy, planning and evaluation in educational contexts
Future Career Opportunities
The professional foundations of the programme are related to tasks in research, planning, administration and teaching in the field of education, and also tasks in different organizations offering consultation and guidance.
EdGlo graduates are competent to work in national and international contexts in the public, private and civil society sectors, in occupations such as:
- project leaders
- educational consultants
EdGlo studies include opportunities to combine theory and practice as the students are required to carry out an internship period. Over the years our students have been working in a variety of organisations in Finland and abroad.
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in relevant fields of engineering such as civil engineering, environmental engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering.
- Those who will receive their degree after the deadline of the application, but before August 2014 are eligible to apply.
- Sufficient English language proficiency
- Applicants should demonstrate their language skills with an approved language test.
This school offers programs in: