We know how to graduate editorial designers!
The need to prepare a professional designer specialized in the editorial area makes us to provide this master with an offer that covers the fullest possible knowledge in the field.
Teaching is guided by the realization of practical work of a professional nature, supported by strong theoretical knowledge and analysis of domestic and foreign publishing.
The curriculum of the MSc program comprises the development of knowledge in the following areas scientific-technical:
- Editorial Design (110 ECTS);
- Graphic Culture (4 ECTS);
- Journalism (6 ECTS)
The cycle of studies leading to a Master's degree in Editorial Design aims to provide/deepen conceptual, strategic and technical knowledge in the multidisciplinary field of editorial design. It also aims to promote the acquisition/development of varied skills: editorial, creative, experimentalism, planning and teamwork, with a view to integrate the student into the national and international job market.
Holders of the master's degree in Editorial Design are prepared to perform as:
- Editorial Designer
- Art Director
- Graphic Designer
- Multimedia Designer
in Publishing Houses, Magazines, Newspapers, Editorial Groups and other media; Design Studios, Advertising Agencies and Communication Companies; as freelancers.
The master's degrees are regulated by Portuguese Law and applicable program regulations established by the School of Technology-IPT.
In order to complete the master's degree it is necessary to accumulate 120 ECTS credits distributed throughout 4 curricular semesters as according to the course curriculum.
Each ECTS credit corresponds to 27 hours of work.
Completion of this course of study requires a pass in all its constituent modules, including the public defence of work project, dissertation or internship report so as to gain a total of 120 accumulated ECTS credits in accordance with general and specific assessment regulations.
Holders of the master's degree in Editorial Design are expected to have acquired a wide range of skills namely:
- organise and implement a methodology for editorial projects;
- use, in a structured manner, the several levels of information present in an editorial project;
- organise coherent, structured information based on multiple complex-data platforms trying to achieve a balance between function and form, decodable interface and communicative expression;
- develop an experimentalist posture and practices that will allow individual and original approaches in design and editorial projects;
- implement internationalisation initiatives;
- promote innovation in the editorial market sector;
- use appropriate, state-of-the-art technological tools in order to effectively meet the demands of the editorial design professional area;
- have a good command of editorial processes and techniques.
- develop interpersonal relationships that will allow them to work as part of a team;
- be able to join an editorial planning and organisation unit;
- develop leadership and cooperation projects;
- develop self-learning strategies that will help them to progress in their future professions;
- have a global view of the editorial sector and the strategies that can be implemented;
- develop technical and creative thinking and the ability to innovate and create new knowledge.
This school offers programs in:
- Portuguese (Portugal)
Last updated December 15, 2015