Master in Economics of Natural Resources Management
- Period of studies: 2 years
- ECTS credits: 120
- Language: English
The goal of the master’s program is to prepare highly skilled specialists, owning theoretical knowledge and practical skills in the field of wildlife economic management.
The modern expert in economics of natural resources management has good chances of employment at the labour market, possesses a wide set professional competencies. Among them the economic estimations of natural resources quality, economic estimations of resources depending on their condition and a demand, estimation of economic damages of nature using and ecological risks in wildlife management, taxation in sphere of wildlife management, ecological accounting and reporting, and ecological management as well.
Master in Ecology and environmental management will acquire the following competencies:
- to possess basic computer technologies and software tools, to apply technology processing and to display geographic information, to use methods of calculating indices based on statistical methods and classification of GIS technologies for analysis, modeling, and creation of
thematic GIS, to use computer networks and Internet resources for solving problems of ecology and environmental management.
- to have knowledge of the basic laws of ecology, systemic crisis of ecological situations, the ability to analyze critically the emerging environmentally caused processes and phenomena;
- to assess the impact of natural and anthropogenic factors.
Graduates of the program will have a wide range of job opportunities in governmental and municipal management companies and organizations dealing with extraction and reproduction (protection) of natural resources, as well as in research and educational institutions.
- Bachelor degree in Ecological (Ecology, Wildlife Management,
- Geoecology), Engineering-Ecological or Environmental-Economic fields.
- English Language level – at least IELTS - 6, 0 TOEFL iBT – 79;
- Good knowledge of other European language.
Last updated April 14, 2016